• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Women's World Cup

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I loved the quarter final win. Didn't think I would but I found it very enjoyable.

Looking forward to Wednesday versus Japan.

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
I loved the quarter final win. Didn't think I would but I found it very enjoyable.

Looking forward to Wednesday versus Japan.
What times KO GOG?

rp42

What times KO GOG?
Bleddy midnight Foxy:( gotta be up for work at 5.45aml-)

Silver fox

Bleddy midnight Foxy:( gotta be up for work at 5.45aml-)
Me too, will give it a miss rp cheers Pal.

PeteUSA

Me too, will give it a miss rp cheers Pal.
Why not record it and watch it at an appropriate time? I dont suppose you'll bump into anybody that'll give the result away.

Dont forget to add time for extra time plus penalties.

Silver fox

Why not record it and watch it at an appropriate time? I dont suppose you'll bump into anybody that'll give the result away.

Dont forget to add time for extra time plus penalties.
Good call Pete SkyPlus set (y)

Last edited:

rp42

If we win and get to the Final every man from here to the Moon will let us know the result(tmi)

LOG

I've been enjoying the World Cup and will be doing me best to stay up tonight although i'm not too confident about the outcome.

One thing i've noticed though is that the majority of the throw-ins look to be borderline or blatant fouls but i've not seen one given. Some of the reffing hasn't been up to much, mind.

PeteUSA

Unfortunately the referee of USA v Germany dropped a major ******* when she only showed a yellow card when a german player was clean through on goal. Also Alex Morgan 'earned' her penalty when the alleged foul occurred outside the box. I say 'alleged foul' because Morgan simply threw herself in the air in dramatic fashion. There was no contact from an opponent to cause that.

Colesman Ballz

Unfortunately the referee of USA v Germany dropped a major ******* when she only showed a yellow card when a german player was clean through on goal. Also Alex Morgan 'earned' her penalty when the alleged foul occurred outside the box. I say 'alleged foul' because Morgan simply threw herself in the air in dramatic fashion. There was no contact from an opponent to cause that.
Not showing much favouritism to your adopted country Pete ! :)

But on a serious note I thoroughly enjoyed the match. Semi finals are so often tense turgid affairs with teams more concerned with not losing, so it was a pleasure to watch two teams attack each other with open play right from the off ! With regard to what I feel would be more appropriate to call the ref's "bloomers", the US player could certainly have got a red card as well as the penalty being awarded. Although perhaps she was consistently lenient, as at least one German already on a yellow, was let off a 2nd time !
Re the USA penalty, yes the offence was margially outside the box, but given that in my opinion the German centre half, quite synically step across the path of Morgan's run, I think that Alex was quite entitled to make the most of the situation.
All in all, a great advert for football, with the bonus of seeing a German team lose !:)