• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Women's World Cup

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
The americans aren't very happy that all the games appear to be on astro turf. They have a point; this competition should have been played on grass in a proper manner. I hope to christ nobody tries to start that fake sh*t up in England again!

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do or die for the ladies tonight against Colombia. Win and they might win the group, draw and they are through but face a tough game in the next round. Lose and they might be out.

Silver fox

Through to Semi Final after a 2-1 victory this morning.

Grecian2K

Although still a bit "tippy-tappy" for me (and they still refuse to swap shirts at the end!! :mad:) but gotta be said - congrats to the lasses for managing something that none of our so-called "mens" senior squads have managed to accomplish for quarter of a century.

rp42

Very enjoyable to watch not too much of the diving and cheating that seems to be part of the men's game(clap)

StroudGrecian

Didn't see last night's win over Canada - just watched the highlights - but saw the 2-1 win over Norway to reach the QFs last week, the second half of which was fantastic to see. Might stay up to watch the Japan game on Wednesday - would be great to see an England football team reach a World Cup final (I was alive but too young to remember 66).

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
England are crap. You need to be following the USA. Hope Solo, best woman keeper in the world; unfortunately she's well aware of it.
Not only do you know nothing about the mens game, you also know nothing about womens football either.

Grecian2K

Not only do you know nothing about the mens game, you also know nothing about womens football either.
Don't know for sure CTID, but when it comes to watching American lady footballers is it more a case of "Hands Solo" rather than Hope Solo for our Pate. <Phnarr phnarr>

I think he should just stick to keeping his hope so low for Grecian prospects, past present and future - why change the habits of a lifetime?

Last edited:

Avening Posse

Only seen 1 game so far but will be tuning in from now on. The only tickets I managed to get for the Olympics was the women's GB footie team, watched them play Cameroon in Cardiff and Brazil at Wembley, both very entertaining games

iscalad

Excellent result for the Women's team. I watched the France-Germany game as well, which was a great game to watch. Japan are World Champions so it will be a tough game on Wednesday, sadly I will be away and can't watch it.