• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Will finishing outside the playoffs be a bad season?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’d rather miss them to be honest. Either go up automatically or finish outside - we can’t get to Wembley every time we reach them so sooner or later we’re going to be disappointed in the two legged round. I hope we finish either first, second, third or eighth.

Red Bill

Did not The Cheese himself opine pre season that the P/O’s were his objective ?

Did the Club set him a target ?
I think he said autos. He certainly said promotion.

Although we lost our two best players in the summer, I think this is the best squd we've had for some time and at the moment we are significantly less than the sum of our parts. So yes i would say an 8th or lower fininish eould be a dissapointing season.

Our style of play since we signed Stockley has been boring long ball football, that provides little entertainment. Tisdale seems incapable of mixing up the play, its either endless over patient passing football or long hoofball, someone needs to explain you can do both things in the same match and keep the opponents guessing.

Setting up so defensively even at home is so dull to watch. I didn't go yesterday but a midfield of James, Tilson and Moxey was never going to produce much of a spectacle and says to the opposition that we don't think we can match them for aatacking flair so we're just going to keep it tight and hope to nick one on the break. Uless there's a change in approach i'd be surprised if we achieved more than a dissappointing mid table finish, because the football we're playing recently doesn't deserve more.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It would be a huge disappointment. Come deadline day at the beginning of September I remember being quite excited by the season, but most of my enthusiasm has gone.

paperclip

It would be a huge disappointment. Come deadline day at the beginning of September I remember being quite excited by the season, but most of my enthusiasm has gone.
I agree completely. When you look at the quality of players that were signed then, I find it hard to reconcile that with the boring football we play these days.

denzel

I’d rather miss them to be honest. Either go up automatically or finish outside - we can’t get to Wembley every time we reach them so sooner or later we’re going to be disappointed in the two legged round. I hope we finish either first, second, third or eighth.
Absolutely not this. When we came up from the Conference it was via the playoffs, the year after we lost at Wembley.
Of course I'd rather go up automatically, but the playoffs would NOT be a disaster.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Did not The Cheese himself opine pre season that the P/O’s were his objective ?

Did the Club set him a target ?
And did they indicate whether that new contract would be forthcoming if he failed to achieve it?

STURTZ

I would expect improvement on last year given that we have no money worries. Was hoping that next season, new ground, loads of cash we could make a good go at becoming established in league 1. Players we've got are no way good enough at the moment.

Alistair20000

Absolutely not this.
Of course I'd rather go up automatically, but the playoffs would NOT be a disaster.
Is the right answer.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Was hoping that next season, new ground, loads of cash we could make a good go at becoming established in league 1. Players we've got are no way good enough at the moment.
Shirley if we did get promoted The Cheese would draft in some new players. Which of the present squad are good enough for a decent L1 finish, assuming they give of their best and are properly managed ?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Shirley if we did get promoted The Cheese would draft in some new players. Which of the present squad are good enough for a decent L1 finish, assuming they give of their best and are properly managed ?
Lights blue touchpaper and retires...?