• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Will Aimson joins on a permanent contract

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Oh right. Thanks for putting me straight.
Do get over yourself Ed. You don't have to find something offensive when it's not there to be so. :rolleyes:

arthur

Aimson's long diagonal crossfield balls are different class. He is a talented player. Whether people like him or not is a different matter..

denzel

Other than injury/suspension cover it would be no loss if Aimson left. He’s never consistently been that good since he arrived.
Disagree, he's been excellent at times. Particularly at the start of the season.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I like Aimson. The problem he has is that GC made him captain, an absurd decision as he is clearly not captain material and put a target on his back unnecessarily. It was very poor management.

Aimson is the best passer of the ball in the Exeter defence and adds something that, IMO adds something that no other centre back we have in the squad possesses. If he leaves it will be a loss. Not one that is not insurmountable, but a loss.

Grecian Max

Aimson's long diagonal crossfield balls are different class. He is a talented player. Whether people like him or not is a different matter..
He is a good player

He isn't a leader and I think has underperformed in general since arriving

Mr Jinx

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I like Aimson. The problem he has is that GC made him captain, an absurd decision as he is clearly not captain material and put a target on his back unnecessarily. It was very poor management.

Aimson is the best passer of the ball in the Exeter defence and adds something that, IMO adds something that no other centre back we have in the squad possesses. If he leaves it will be a loss. Not one that is not insurmountable, but a loss.
With all of our squad, I think there is a good player in each of them. As with Scott, GC just can't seem to get the best out of them.

Rosencrantz

If Aimson didn't get injured he would still be in the side ahead of Sweenz as he was over Xmas when we kept two clean sheets with him alongside Cheick, Hartridge and Jules at the back. As it is Sweenz has the shirt. Aimson has been more than decent since he came here, more consistent than Sweenz and Hartridge in that time. The only problem has been the armband and that is only with the fans more than his teammates.

arthur

With all of our squad, I think there is a good player in each of them. As with Scott, GC just can't seem to get the best out of them.
Just like he hasn't got the best out of Stansfield, Diabate, Cox, Cole, Rankin, Sweeney, Harper and Aitchison. Caldwell out!

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just like he hasn't got the best out of Stansfield, Diabate, Cox, Cole, Rankin, Sweeney, Harper and Aitchison. Caldwell out!
Interesting you seem to think that was Stansfield's best.

Ian Tarr

Interesting you seem to think that was Stansfield's best.
At the time it probably was. But he's a developing player, and he's moved up a step this season. He will hopefully improve every year for the next six or seven.