• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Will Aimson joins on a permanent contract

Grecianman135

Do you mean he is now? But he's playing in the Championship
And banging them in 😍

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just like he hasn't got the best out of Stansfield, Diabate, Cox, Cole, Rankin, Sweeney, Harper and Aitchison. Caldwell out!
Of those thus far - no he hasn't got the best out of Rankine, Harper and Aitchison

Only the last two games has JA really starting to live up to his billing

Rankine has been repressed in his attacking instincts a lot IMO

Harper hasn't played much in his proper position and like Rankine gets asked to turn round and pass it rather than get the ball in early

All that being said:

Cox has improved very recently, in part thanks to Cooper, in part to GC

Cole and Diabate I agree he has impoved also

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
And banging them in 😍
That's part of my point, yeah.

arthur

That's part of my point, yeah.
point taken :)

JamieEcfc

All quiet on his departure.. will he be off today?

For me has abit of the Harry Maguire about him, some games can have players in his pocket other games just a calamity.

Hopefully with Fitzwater back in the squad and the signing of Purrington we can offload him, wouldn’t be sad to see him go.

STURTZ

Prefer Aimson to Fitzwater TBH.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Prefer Aimson to Fitzwater TBH.
Fitzwater has played how many games though to make a snap judgement

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fitzwater has played how many games though to make a snap judgement
I can only remember Fitzwater playing against Middlesbrough and he obviously made an error for one of the goals. The reality is, the jury is still out - we can't compare him to Aimson until he's had a run in the side.

grecIAN Harris

I think Edwin is suggesting that Jay is miles ABOVE League One level but, in his opinion, that wasn't always evident last season.
I think Ed maybe ought to have a look at the amount of pressure Stanno was putting on himself. Wanting to do well for his home town club, wearing the No 9 shirt not wanting to let his Dad down. There were times you could see he was almost trying too hard.

Not that this has got anything to do with Will Aimson of course...........

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think Ed maybe ought to have a look at the amount of pressure Stanno was putting on himself. Wanting to do well for his home town club, wearing the No 9 shirt not wanting to let his Dad down. There were times you could see he was almost trying too hard.

Not that this has got anything to do with Will Aimson of course...........
I'm just not massively convinced that Caldwell got massively more out of Jay than he was capable of. Hug or no hug. Agnostic on it. How can you really tell?