• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Will Aimson joins on a permanent contract

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Interesting you seem to think that was Stansfield's best.
I was merely quoting Jinx's phrase. But you knew that!

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was merely quoting Jinx's phrase. But you knew that!
and Stanno's further improvement this season may well be a reflection of how Caldwell managed him last season.

tom_ecfc

I think Aimson will stay to the end of the season and then conversations will be had as to whether he has a future as a starter next season. A big summer ahead for the whole squad, turnover will be huge again!

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
and Stanno's further improvement this season may well be a reflection of how Caldwell managed him last season.
I'm agnostic on Caldwell's contribution to Stansfield's game, but I don't think it's obvious he's helped him a lot. The kids miles off league one level... Struggled to make that impact for stretches last season.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm agnostic on Caldwell's contribution to Stansfield's game, but I don't think it's obvious he's helped him a lot. The kids miles off league one level... Struggled to make that impact for stretches last season.
Do you mean he is now? But he's playing in the Championship

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Clearly none of us can scientifically prove it one way or another. All I have is 'evidence' that the public affection shown by Stanno at the last game to Gary was some kind of a thank you to GC. Also that GC stuck with Stanno during the lean spell must have helped Stanno in terms of maintaining his confidence. That's the case for the prosecution M'lud

Ian Tarr

I would argue that he very often made an impact during his barren spell, as his game is not just about scoring.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think Edwin is suggesting that Jay is miles ABOVE League One level but, in his opinion, that wasn't always evident last season.

JCWhoosh

We have to have players like Aimson in the match day squad at least. The good thing is the defence are playing well at present so rightfully keeping him out of the starting 11. He's more than capable of stepping in when required but it's healthy competition to play for your place so long may our form continue.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I mean he's clearly way too good for league one. I'm just not convinced on it either way... I certainly wouldn't list him as a self-evident GC triumph.