• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Wigan v Exeter City Match Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Come on Max, let Pete have his say about how poor Vil was for Wigan's goal........ 🤭
I dont know what you mean I'm sure. Why dont you run over the incident in question?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
No, I was working today (Zimbabwe isn't a cheap place to get to) so listened to a fair bit of the game on the radio.
Thought weekend deliveries were a thing of the past.😉

WXF

Cant you and Harris PM each other with your post match analysis? Nobody else can get a look-in! :rolleyes:
Could you PM yourself with your goalkeeping commentary?

Rosencrantz

Do you not think that comes with the lack of constant pressure being applied on them and being applied to their opposite numbers?
Defend as a team, attack as a team. The difference is that the defence have something to defend for, they know conceding a goal isn't terminal. Having a striker who can defend from the front helps. Having our quicker attacking players back fit and firing helps. Counter attacks give the defence a breather and gives us chances to score. What you say.

During both our good runs we have defended well, whether that was with Sweenz, Aimson and Alex earlier in the season or Sweenz, Cheick and Zac now. What we have now with Cheick and Zac is a very athletic pairing, I am struggling to think of a more athletic centre back pair in my time. With Vil behind them they are a solid base to build from.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Could you PM yourself with your goalkeeping commentary?
Not sure there will be a better post than this today.

Red Devon

I don’t know what it’ll look like on tv but at the match Mo Eisa’s goal reminded me very much of Kieran Phillips goal against Barrow

Colesman Ballz

Credit where credit’s due, one of our American friend’s more amusing posts!
Yes it's been a good week for Pete's posts ! Personally I'm still reeling from his disclosure that his Dad was an American GI over here in WW2 who used to pi$$ on the wall at SJP ! Surely that revelation is worthy of mention in the Club's museum archives ? :unsure:

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nail biting time now still don’t understand why our biggest goal scoring threat was taken off
Was knackered

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Excellent away result. I've missed some great results and matches. Looking forward to Lincoln on Saturday.

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

Thought weekend deliveries were a thing of the past.😉
You've got to get past this postman thing Egg.........😝

Status
Not open for further replies.