• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

why be so negative

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why so negative? Mmm, let me think. Now I might just firing aimlessly into the dark here but I think it might just have something to do with the fact that we are losing our best ever player, in terms of technical ability, for what appears, on the face of it, next to bugger all. Personally I think there is more to this deal than meets the eye that will be to Citys benefit but at the moment it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work why people are a trifle upset.

IndoMike

If he does go, we'll get another Dunney and have cash to play with as well. No worries.
You're making it sound remarkably easy to find good players every season.. I wonder why we have spent so much time mainly in the bottom league throughout our history if it is so easy, Positivity = good, but some realism also helps.

Grecian_Jay

This is the most imbecilic and moronic post I have read on these boards for a long long time. The person writing is not only ridiculously dim, but appears to have an agenda that is completely at odds with the club. It certainly reads that way. If so, maybe he can do a lot of people a favour and just f*ck off somewhere else. Not sure what planet he lives on but it certainly isn't in my universe. Is this what happens when you don't pay attention at school?
Oh Geoffrey you really are a simple little man aren't you, is everything always so black and white in your world?

No agenda just extremely f*cked off with the amount of positive sh*t I read on here about Tisdale, he constantly f*cks up and every now and then gets rescued from it by the players. If you are happy with our better players contracts allowed to run down down every summer then good for you, I expect a little more.

And after watching todays display then ithe future isn't looking bright. Chin up though as always.

If you are happy with our better players contracts allowed to run down down every summer then good for you, I expect a little more.
Have you ever considered that maybe the players do not want to sign new contracts and are offered them ?

Grecian_Jay

Have you ever considered that maybe the players do not want to sign new contracts and are offered them ?
Jesus Christ of course I have. My problem isn't with the players it's with the management and above. You offer the best players 2 and 3 yrd deals in the summer, if they turn down then you sell them then and get some money for them. You don't sit around doing f*ck all all year and wait for them to leave on a free!

flackyISmydadHONEST

Well-known Exeweb poster
Some people really are so f*cking thick.

He didn't want to stay for what we could offer. Duh.

He knew he could get the best deal for himself by winding down his contract and "doing a Gill".

This was, I believe, the best case scenario for us tbh. We get to keep him, they, presumably, pay his wages, and he gets the big fat pay off he wanted.

How hard is that for people to see?

Grecian_Jay

Some people really are so f*cking thick.

He didn't want to stay for what we could offer. Duh.

He knew he could get the best deal for himself by winding down his contract and "doing a Gill".

This was, I believe, the best case scenario for us tbh. We get to keep him, they, presumably, pay his wages, and he gets the big fat pay off he wanted.

How hard is that for people to see?
How is letting our best players contrac run down to the point where we can't get f*ck all for his services the 'best case scenario'.

Jesus you lot really will believe everything they tell you. I will continue to be thick and you can continue to be gullable and deluded.

flackyISmydadHONEST

Well-known Exeweb poster
How is letting our best players contrac run down to the point where we can't get f*ck all for his services the 'best case scenario'.

Jesus you lot really will believe everything they tell you. I will continue to be thick and you can continue to be gullable and deluded.
Who are they? You really are a moody little exewebber tonight, aren't you?

Read my post.

These players have agents, the agent (or maybe the players have some financial/common sense themselves) tells them that they best deal for them will be if they run down their contract and get more money because the club taking them on won't have to fork out on a transfer fee - thus more money for wages. duh.

No-one came in with reasonable money for Ryan, so what are we supposed to do? Sell him cheap and lose our best player for a season? The other clubs will know that he's out of contract in the summer thus won't waste money on a transfer fee in the summer when if they wait 12 months they can see how he turns out and save a wad.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
No-one came in with reasonable money for Ryan, so what are we supposed to do?
Make a decision later in the transfer window, maybe. See what happens up to then.

flackyISmydadHONEST

Well-known Exeweb poster
Make a decision later in the transfer window, maybe. See what happens up to then.
Then no doubt the very same moaners would be saying, "why did we turn down Brighton's offer?"