• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Where has the money gone?

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is it not a valid question?
Why do you ask ?

Between the ends of last season and this we shall have received the following one offs that should not have been included as revenue in budgets.

Deano 270,000 ish plus possible add ons
Scrat 270,000 ish plus possible add ons
George ? + add ons
Jamie ? + add ons
Mighty Blues 100,000 + ? parachute

Conservatively 600k.

Now where has all that money gone ?

malcolms

Lol - read your reply again Malc.....
Possibly Mox, but I don't do it all the time...Lister does.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why do you ask ?

Between the ends of last season and this we shall have received the following one offs that should not have been included as revenue in budgets.

George ? + add ons
Jamie ? + add ons

Conservatively 600k.

Some of it, although nobody knows how much of it, was spent on TAH.

Simples.

malcolms

Is it not a valid question?
Proving the point hardly takes us anywhere, don't YOU have a point of view?

Poultice

Some of it, although nobody knows how much of it, was spent on TAH.

Simples.
TAH, 50k plus some frou frou, should only have come from a designated transfer budget if we are to believe all this bollox about how the club is being run along the lines of the Swiss railway system.

Don't get me wrong, I am a wing and a prayer kind of guy, so if that is how we are running then I'm in, just don't give me that and 120k a year in EO's that know feck all about the business.

Lister

Proving the point hardly takes us anywhere, don't YOU have a point of view?
Yes, I think the money in has been spent on servicing the deficit the club suffers from, and paying higher wages.

It's my opinion that Tis has used the extra cash given to him in his budget to pay wages for the likes of Russell, Stewart, Corr etc etc (and I have no intention to debate the validity of that decision if it's true). That's what i've said before, but some people like to start the same old tired threads while ignoring all the other valid points that detract from their pessimistic point of view!

Where do you think it's gone Malcolm?

buggerlugs

Yes, I think the money in has been spent on servicing the deficit the club suffers from, and paying higher wages.
On the face of it I don't see how that can be true IF the financial statement on the Trust website is also true (which suggests that 4 revenue streams are used to support the annual budget).

It also suggests the annual budget is set in such a way to deliver a small surplus, so in theory no deficit either.

I suspect the 4 income streams aren't delivering to budgeted levels and therefore the 5th, windfall income from transfers/cup runs, has to be used to prop up budgeted expenditure (as well as unforeseen costs).

But if this is the case, why aren't the 4 income budgets delivering as anticipated? We're told the commercial department performs wonders, we know the average crowds are higher than they've been in years.

Something, somewhere doesn't stack up and as embarrassing as it may be to admit to mistakes, for me, the time has come for more honesty.

Number13

All of these questions could be avoided if we didnt appoint "the suits". If The Trust runs the club for the club from its own sources and we trust them, theres no questions.

We are well in front of where we should be in terms of cash and I for one would rather Tis spent just a fraction of what hes hoarding to keep us in L1 this year rather than for hi L2 title assulat next year.

Antony Moxey

George ? + add ons
Jamie ? + add ons

Conservatively 600k.

We might not have had all of that money yet. The 'possible add ons' we most definitely won't have, so they're superfluous to the argument anyway. However, it's perfectly feasible to imagine the monies mentioned above will come to us in installment - perhaps Southampton are paying us £27k per month over a ten month period for intance.

Maybe the money isn't actually here yet to be gone.

Poultice

We might not have had all of that money yet. The 'possible add ons' we most definitely won't have, so they're superfluous to the argument anyway.
I'm not sure you have quite got my implication sir.

I am not suggesting that money in the physical sense has gone missing, whether the cash has been divi'd up, and I actually believe that it has, is irrelevant to my argument.

What I suspect to be true is that monies coming in to the club are not being treated in the correct manner from an accounting point of view.

This to a man of the soil such as yourself may seem like utter frou frou, money being money after all, but to some of us it paints a picture of a lack of financial nous and most certainly suggests insufficient governance or adherence to correct accounting principles.