• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Where has the money gone?

Ecfc man

One simple question, no deviation on this thread please. It's been estimated that 400k has come in from transfer deals that were not budgeted in at the start of the accounting period. No ones being accused of anything I'm just curious as to how this money is accounted for as we can't release money to move the pitch without recourse to charity.

philexe

:-o:-o???????

Tony Wizzz

In the Flybe (not in a suit) and having a beer and
I believe it has been publicly stated that the money for the transfer of Danny (£275,000?) has been allocated to the playing budget, and Tis has also stated that he probably wont spend it this season, rather save it for next. Of course a certain poster will say its all gone on the "Suits"

UTC[ecfc]

Yeovilgrecian

Also the money will not have been delivered in one hit to SJP by Securicor it will come in staged payments, so whilst it's a windfall it will only be drip fed into the club over a period of time.

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
I believe it has been publicly stated that the money for the transfer of Danny (£275,000?) has been allocated to the playing budget, and Tis has also stated that he probably wont spend it this season, rather save it for next. Of course a certain poster will say its all gone on the "Suits"

UTC[ecfc]
Well said Tony

UTC

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
One simple question, no deviation on this thread please. It's been estimated that 400k has come in from transfer deals that were not budgeted in at the start of the accounting period. No ones being accused of anything I'm just curious as to how this money is accounted for as we can't release money to move the pitch without recourse to charity.
Its gone to the suits mate. how do you think norrie affords his private jet fuel?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Its good that its gone on buying suits. I think a team turning up with smart suits always looks good. Shows a bit of professionalism and stuff.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
On a serious note i guess that as fans we do not know how much it costs to keep a club running on a day to day basis, Take that lot down the A38 for example, They sold £m's of pounds worth of players but have seen very little return on the playing side. I have heard they are losing up to £100k per week!!! and most of it going on players pay and that is probably the same for all clubs, Including ours, but on a smaller scale.

We sell players to survive not just spend it all on the playing budget and what we receive in transfers has to be dished out fairly across the whole club

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Gone back into runnning a football club. Seem to remember that City operate on about a £200,000 loss every year so the money from transfers just pegs that back to break even. Okay by me, trying to spend leaves you in the same predicament as Pompey and the like. Football is a losers game and very few teams make any money without money men bunging in their hardowned.

Lister

Where do you think the money has gone?