• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What's Your Feeling on Exeter City's Prospects for the rest of the season?

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agree. The Gas game was near perfect but Orient sounded like a shocker. We look to have, injuries aside, a good first 11 'team' but the squad might be a bit light on options. Only when we are in the depths of Jan/Feb will we know if we have enough strength in depth
You're either blind or have very limited imagination. Injuries aside, we are able to play a range of formations with options from the bench to either maintain the shape of that game or change the shape from the bench. I could pick any amount of sides and formations from our current squad and not have many worries as to how well they will play. The bigger worries are who to leave out (again this from a full choice). Injuries at our level are always debilitating but I don't think that having one player out in a position will kill us in the manner that it might have at the start of the season.

gilbertshoot

You're either blind or have very limited imagination. Injuries aside, we are able to play a range of formations with options from the bench to either maintain the shape of that game or change the shape from the bench. I could pick any amount of sides and formations from our current squad and not have many worries as to how well they will play. The bigger worries are who to leave out (again this from a full choice). Injuries at our level are always debilitating but I don't think that having one player out in a position will kill us in the manner that it might have at the start of the season.
Neither blind nor devoid of a decent imagination - bit of a harsh reply, Ian for an honest opinion on what I've seen so far. Rovers was wonderful, Orient was crap and I simply put forward that the squad might not have enough depth. Hopefully that will not be the case. We'll see ovser the next few months.

Bridgy 81

Neither blind nor devoid of a decent imagination - bit of a harsh reply, Ian for an honest opinion on what I've seen so far. Rovers was wonderful, Orient was crap and I simply put forward that the squad might not have enough depth. Hopefully that will not be the case. We'll see ovser the next few months.
I thought the reply was harsh too.
Interesting to note though that even when looking at the squad for today’s match we are missing, by my reckoning, seven players who could/would be used i.e. Stubbs, Sparkes, Daniel, Kite, Collins, Brown and Coley.
Some or all of those available and we should have the required depth, competition for places and selection choices to be made.

grecIAN Harris

In that time we've picked up three players all of whom are very likely starters and as Bridgey points out, we currently have six injured/suspended. I wouldn't have counted Daniel in there as he is just a bit short of match fitness. To base an opinion on two matches without looking at the squad as a whole and likelyhood that we won't have six players out injured suspended under usual circumstances is a little short sighted, don't you think? Then when you start looking at the squad as a whole, do you not see the options in formation that we have?

robchave

Interesting that 5 of the six teams we have played so far are currently in the top 10, including 1st, 2nd & 3rd, and only one beat us. Considering that we were either 'make-shift' due to injuries/covid/suspension for some of these, I don't think we've done too badly. We still look very much like a bunch of players that need to get to know each other before they become a team, but look like they could be very effective when they do. How effective remains to be seen.

gilbertshoot

In that time we've picked up three players all of whom are very likely starters and as Bridgey points out, we currently have six injured/suspended. I wouldn't have counted Daniel in there as he is just a bit short of match fitness. To base an opinion on two matches without looking at the squad as a whole and likelyhood that we won't have six players out injured suspended under usual circumstances is a little short sighted, don't you think? Then when you start looking at the squad as a whole, do you not see the options in formation that we have?
No

speedyflo

Interesting that 5 of the six teams we have played so far are currently in the top 10, including 1st, 2nd & 3rd, and only one beat us. Considering that we were either 'make-shift' due to injuries/covid/suspension for some of these, I don't think we've done too badly. We still look very much like a bunch of players that need to get to know each other before they become a team, but look like they could be very effective when they do. How effective remains to be seen.
This is an interesting stat! Hopefully this means we can do well against those not in the current top 8!

geoffwp

Expect nothing and accept everything, that way you'll not be disappointed but may be pleasantly surprised.

david61

3/6 have been 0-0 so indicates strength and weakness, a reasonable base to work from.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think the next two or three games will give us a good idea of where we are at. If we are still struggling to score goals and win games by the end of the month it might be time to starting being concerned.