• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What The Orient Victory really means to 'Tis and the players

dontpassback

I wondered if the club could play this song at the next home game in sure it would get the crowd and team going and could become an unofficial anthem at SJP.
Thats a bloody good shout !

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Someone named Sweet Caroline as his favourite song on one of those ECFC videos. Think it was Reuben Reid.

ECFC89

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just amazed that the City footballers are interested in a fairly mediocre pop song that even I can barely remember!

IBA

come on Sturtz, Sweet Caroline is a classic in the same way as Tom Jones, Delilah or , 'Is the Way to Amarillo'.Several recentish footy chants, 'the Ryan Harley Song' 'Cheer Up Peter Reid' and 'He's One of Our Own' are all based on Cheesy old belters from the 1960s and 70s. They are a bit of fun , easy to sing and memorable.

flakey pasty

They play it at half time at matches at Twickenham. Always gets the crowd going without fail. Mind you, most of them are ****ed out of their heads.

dontpassback

Nothing wrong with neil diamond:D

fred binneys head

I wondered if the club could play this song at the next home game in sure it would get the crowd and team going and could become an unofficial anthem at SJP.
Good idea.

arthur

AFC Womble fans sing Can't help falling in love with you which sounds magnificent. My inner curmudgeon can't resist the opportunity to compare and contrast this with some of the dirge emanating from the top of the big bank.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
On the strength of having seen this video yesterday, when my BiL and I were devising the play list for my Mum's 60th on Saturday last night (she's a borderline Neil Diamond obsessive as it is) Sweet Caroline was the first song that sprung to mind!