• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What Team Will We Get Points From In League 1 ?

"... as others have said we will take some heavy beatings ..."
Will we? Heavy beatings? I admit that probably Bradford away and definitely Chesterfield at home fall into that category, but have we reason to anticipate more than that, do you think?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't *think* we will be but I would not be at all surprised if we are. I'm as euphoric as anyone about going up but only a fool would completely discount the possibility of next season being a real struggle - as others have said we will take some heavy beatings. I think you have supported the mighty Grecians for a long time? Far before my time but other than five or so years in the late seventies / early eighties we have never really established ourselves in the League we are going into. I am confident we can do it but I'm certain it won't be easy.
Not as euphoric as me. :D

I have said on another thread that the "team", in the widest sense, at SJP gives me as much optimism as the time we were promoted in '77. This means we have the players, manger, backroom staff, tea ladies etc to sustain a prolonged period in L1.

This is a REALLY exciting time in the club's history and what we are hearing from the club, ground improvements,management structure etc, gives me great hope for the immediate and probably mediuum term future of the club.

The highest position we have ever been in the "pyramid" is 8th in this division. I would think (hope) that this would be our minimum aim next season. The fans on here thought, for the most part, that consolidation was the aim for last season. Tis et al did not think that!![ecfc]

Phil Sayers

Edit: To Godsown

Yes. We will be playing some teams who are paying their players four times what we can afford and they will therefore normally be a better standard of player - many will have been in the Championship last season. That does not mean that they will always be better players than ours and nor will they always win but the simple law of averages means we will probably be tonked a few times.

Last edited:

dan harvey

i am just going to answer question=wycombe (no s on the end of team)

Red Devon

Edit: To Godsown

Yes. We will be playing some teams who are paying their players four times what we can afford and they will therefore normally be a better standard of player - many will have been in the Championship last season. That does not mean that they will always be better players than ours and nor will they always win but the simple law of averages means we will probably be tonked a few times.
Tonked or Tanked;) Mid table for us no worries,

i am just going to answer question=wycombe (no s on the end of team)
I was just going to write the same. Taylor just can't seem to beat us can he

Also Yeovil and Swindon and I am sure many others

Joshyd123

I think we'll get at least 1 point from the 2 games against every team in the League, thus my belief that no team will do the double over us.

pelsey

You can shove your stone island up your arse, this
Easy 6 points against that pub team that play at Elland Road. I expect a shock win over the Saints and Charlton at some point as well. Realistically, there's no team in this league that we shouldn't be looking to take points off.

Joshyd123

Easy 6 points against that pub team that play at Elland Road. I expect a shock win over the Saints and Charlton at some point as well. Realistically, there's no team in this league that we shouldn't be looking to take points off.
So play 46, win 0, draw 0, lose 46, end with no points?

pelsey

You can shove your stone island up your arse, this
So play 46, win 0, draw 0, lose 46, end with no points?
Think you mis-read me young man. It meant we should be looking to take points off every team. Basically, if we don't go up next season Tisdale has to walk. And i'm gonna go and support MK Dons as well, a true club with loyal and understanding fans, not like our clueless twits.