• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What Team Will We Get Points From In League 1 ?

journeyman

So play 46, win 0, draw 0, lose 46, end with no points?
Ending with 0 points? Sounds like Luton Town!

brayford grecian

Take each game as it comes, so we should be looking to get points every game of the season

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
I am expecting us to hold our own at very least and not to be fighting a relegation battle. That's because we are essentially a decent and pretty skilfull footballing side (as many L2 managers have said this season).

As you go up the leagues the skills and pure football tends to improve and I think that will suit both our style and Tis's tactical nous.

grecIAN Harris

I am expecting us to hold our own at very least and not to be fighting a relegation battle. That's because we are essentially a decent and pretty skilfull footballing side (as many L2 managers have said this season).

As you go up the leagues the skills and pure football tends to improve and I think that will suit both our style and Tis's tactical nous.
I was just going to post something similar. Whenever we struggled it was because were playing against a side whose strength was their work ethic and not their footballing ability, ie Chesterfield. However, against somebody like Rochdale, who were good when they had posession, we battered them because they couldn't get the ball off of us.
I agree with Pete in that there will be more footballing sides in League 1 thus allowing us to strutt our stuff. So long as we have the players of the correct standard, I don't foresee any problems in staying up.

grecianfaniow

I think tis will aim for playoffs and may just scrape in them this season but i think in the back of his mind this could go horribly wrong so I reckon we will see a 'very careful and safe' tisdale next season to buffer his experience to enable us to survive in L1, I reckon its going to be a tougher ride this time, some pointed out the 6-1 drubbing of last season against chesterfield, which also points out that we are still on a heavy learning curve, which could be very dangerous in this league as there are a few more chesterfields to contend with...

Antony Moxey

All of them. There's no such thing as an unbeatable team, and on our day we're a match for anyone in this division. I fully expect us to compete comfortably throughout the season and although we should always aim for as high a finish as possible I'll be disappointed if we're not in the top half of the table this time next year.

ECFC TOM

Totally agree with Ant.

A few people I know have said things like "Admit it, you'll obviously lose heavily to Charlton, Leeds, Southampton and Norwich."

My reply, "Why?"

On our day we can beat anyone in our division, like Wycombe. Just like on our off days we can lose to anyone, like Accrington.

Last edited:

DaveE

I would hope to take points from most teams but my relegation contenders are (in no particular order):-

Stockport - in administration and no manager
Yeovil - budget severely restricted and a new manager in his first full season
Carlisle - struggled last season
Brighton - struggled last season & still have ground/finance problems
Hartlepool - struggled last season & all the North East clubs seem to be in relegation battles at the present

Red Box

I would hope to take points from most teams but my relegation contenders are (in no particular order):-

Stockport - in administration and no manager
Yeovil - budget severely restricted and a new manager in his first full season
Carlisle - struggled last season
Brighton - struggled last season & still have ground/finance problems
Hartlepool - struggled last season & all the North East clubs seem to be in relegation battles at the present

I tend to agree with your assessment of the possible relegation contenders, ableit throw in one unexpected team and take one of the above out as they will be a surprise package.

It will be harder this season without a doubt. Personally, I'd be delighted if we finish around mid table.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
had a similar conversation with TVR about a month ago and he said that we would be worked out quite a bit .. i said by how many and he said about half of them, which would mean mid table !!

couple of things worth noting .. there will be more football teams in L1 rather than some of the clog merchants we struggled against last season (accy away was a good case in point).

I think next season will be similar to this one just gone ... we will struggle a little early on, find our form having settled down and be upper half most of the rest of the season ..