• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What happens if we don't increases attendances after the new Grandstand opens?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Perhaps I should have called the thhread "How do we improve matchday income when the new stands are open".

Do we know if we let opposition clubs know that away fans can now stand behind the goal without fear of getting wet?

Andy Holloway

Perhaps I should have called the thhread "How do we improve matchday income when the new stands are open".

Do we know if we let opposition clubs know that away fans can now stand behind the goal without fear of getting wet?
That's a myth, they were fitting a sprinkler system to the inside of the away end today, so that away fans don't feel as if SJP has changed too much for them!

Last edited by a moderator:

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
As we have sold out the IPOS so far this season, there is clearly latent demand from a few hundred, who have either gone onto the Bank or not gone at all. Either way there's a few hundred punters who will be paying more into the club.
As a BB resident I will spend a few quid more in the tea hut now as I should imagine the queue will be manageable.

The only thing I think the club should consider is not opening the St James end when the likes of Morecambe and Crawley roll into town. They can stay in the IPOS.

PeteUSA

The only thing I think the club should consider is not opening the St James end when the likes of Morecambe and Crawley roll into town. They can stay in the IPOS.
I agree. Nobody much will want to sit in the left hand end of the NOG by choice. Let the visiting supporters have it; add to the atmosphere..

Matt Russell

I agree. Nobody much will want to sit in the left hand end of the NOG by choice. Let the visiting supporters have it; add to the atmosphere..
I think there's something of a confusion here.

Nigel E

Nobody much will want to sit in the left hand end of the NOG by choice.
At some grounds in L2, positions like that are popular with folk who like to be close to away fans for the purposes of goading etc. That might start to happen at SJP too.

Spoonz Red E

I agree. Nobody much will want to sit in the left hand end of the NOG by choice.
Some truth to that which is why no season tickets are being sold for Block A. This means we can use it in various ways.
For the most part tickets will be sold match by match but it can also be utilised as ...

Let the visiting supporters have it; add to the atmosphere..
... extra seating for away fans.