• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What book are you reading ...

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
..for 'Goalie'
Thanks Pate (y)

Banksy

Anyone have any first hand experience of the Kindle ? I'm getting some eye problems so intend to boost the print size a bit when I get one. I also see there are a fair few free books to download too as a bonus. Also , what about book download speeds , now we're right in the country in a village download speeds are abysmal with a few cut offs. I'm hoping it won't muck up the downloads.

Redvee

Growing up Amish: A Memoir by Ira Wagler

Interesting

Early Bath

Anyone have any first hand experience of the Kindle ? I'm getting some eye problems so intend to boost the print size a bit when I get one. I also see there are a fair few free books to download too as a bonus. Also , what about book download speeds , now we're right in the country in a village download speeds are abysmal with a few cut offs. I'm hoping it won't muck up the downloads.
Bit late I'm afraid, have only just seen this.
I have a Kindle Paperlight. Absolutely perfect from my point of view.
I also live in the country. Download speed almost instantaneous, using either Wi Fi or 3G.
As I have a smart phone any downloads go to both devices simultaneously and whichever one you used last the other device will sync to the last page if you use that later.
As regards print size, no problems, easy to change the print size.
One book in particular I wanted, after seeing a review, I ordered but had not then been released by Amazon, but they took the order and I was informed when it was available.

Banksy

Early Bath , many thanks for your excellent summary. I'm now going ahead with a purchase. I read prolifically and have seen a few on Amazon not available in print , just Kindle , plus some freebies I'd like to read. Boosting the print size seems to make sense given my problem.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dan Brown, Inferno.
Mark Haddon, A Spot of Bother and The Red House
Monica Lewycka, Various Pets Alive and Dead

Good sunbed reading.

elginCity

Monica Lewycka
I bet she now hates Bill Clinton too.

mammooman

Hulk Hogan: My Life Outside the Ring.

Yes, I'm that cool.

Mr Jinx

No Off Switch - Andy Kershaw autobiography.

...liking it. Still to read the bit where he goes completely off the rails.

StroudGrecian

Adventures of a Waterboy - Mike Scott