• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Westboro Baptist Church & Louis Theroux

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
I can only exprfess my regret at your valuable time wasted and assure you it will not happen again.
Nah, while I have breath left I am gonna read your posts Hermy, like the WBC you make me feel good about myself.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nah, while I have breath left I am gonna read your posts Hermy, like the WBC you make me feel good about myself.
Then we fulfill a mutual role for each other. Pleasure doing business with you.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Well for starters the Beast is not the same as the Antichrist. The Beast in revelation is a many headed creature that comes out of the sea, often interpreted to have been referring to Rome (the beast has 7 heads while Rome was built on 7 hills). The Antichrist as is generally seen (ie the one from the omen) is not in the Bible. The term Antichrist is used very differently in John, which is the only place it appears. John states anyone who does not acknowledge Christ is an Antichrist. There is no mention in the Bible of the Antichrist as the son of Satan or as heralding the end of days. So saying Obama is the Antichrist and the Beast and this is a sign of the end is not backed up by the Bible.

It's one of the biggest misconceptions about what is in the Bible, along with angels and hell.

Erm.......1 John 2:18
Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

He has yet to be revealed!!

I disagree with your thinking... The beast is antichrist.

Tada

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Erm.......1 John 2:18
Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

He has yet to be revealed!!

I disagree with your thinking... The beast is antichrist.

Tada
1 John 2.7

Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the Antichrist.

All a game of interpretation of course, but there is nothing in the Bible linking the Antichrist to the Beast.

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Watched it last night. Well, actually only ended watching 10 minutes then gave up and deleted it.

Don't know about you but I'm a bit bored of clever English bloke meets fruitcake Americans.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
1 John 2.7

Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the Antichrist.

All a game of interpretation of course, but there is nothing in the Bible linking the Antichrist to the Beast.
Is that true.... the word anti in the Greek is substitute i.e AntiChrist is someone who substitutes himself for Jesus Christ... the beast is that.

Also it is Paul who describes him as a Son of Perdition/ lawlessness.

My thinking comes to the link is the beast will be revealed is so much as the antichrist shall also be revealed...

We also have the link with the number 666. 6 in scripture means man, also imperfection. Where as 7 is perfection, 6 denotes the fall, fallen man or lawless man as it can be used as. So 666 a man of Lawlessness/son of perdition. Another theory is John is describing the beast as a man but the spirit within that man is antichrist.

What I dont know is how to truely understand the meaning of "will be revealed...." Do we take that as the antichrist/beast has always been in the world as a system or spirit... or he is not in world yet but when he comes into the world then he will be revealed.... The Greek doesnt in my knowledge show a tense within the word revealed

Tada

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
Is that true.... the word anti in the Greek is substitute i.e AntiChrist is someone who substitutes himself for Jesus Christ... the beast is that.

Also it is Paul who describes him as a Son of Perdition/ lawlessness.

My thinking comes to the link is the beast will be revealed is so much as the antichrist shall also be revealed...

We also have the link with the number 666. 6 in scripture means man, also imperfection. Where as 7 is perfection, 6 denotes the fall, fallen man or lawless man as it can be used as. So 666 a man of Lawlessness/son of perdition. Another theory is John is describing the beast as a man but the spirit within that man is antichrist.

What I dont know is how to truely understand the meaning of "will be revealed...." Do we take that as the antichrist/beast has always been in the world as a system or spirit... or he is not in world yet but when he comes into the world then he will be revealed.... The Greek doesnt in my knowledge show a tense within the word revealed

Tada
611 is the number of the beast - it was mistranslated (thanks QI).

Saw the program last night, decent enough. Good to see that the ones who got out are rebuilding their lives successfully - cults are horrific and really mess people up.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
611 is the number of the beast - it was mistranslated (thanks QI).

Saw the program last night, decent enough. Good to see that the ones who got out are rebuilding their lives successfully - cults are horrific and really mess people up.
I heard in the earliest manuscripts it is 616...

Anyway Lez I don't know where you got ghat number stuff from, hadn't heard it before. The interpretations of the numbers I know is the giving values to letters thing that is done in Hebrew, which points to it having a dig at Nero or the Papacy or Muhammed.

The way I read it there is still nothing in the Bible that says the Antichrist is anything other than any person who does not believe in Christ as the Son of God. The Beast is different and a sign of the end times, along with the false prophet.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
I heard in the earliest manuscripts it is 616...
Yep, misremembered on my part. I'll get me coat...

Fareham Grecian

Saw the program last night, decent enough. Good to see that the ones who got out are rebuilding their lives successfully - cults are horrific and really mess Lez up.
(edited for factuals)