• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Well done Exeter Chiefs

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well, just in our happy little band there were 8 of us who went to both events supporting our teams, and 4 of them are regulars at Chiefs. Couldn't have been the only ones.
Yes, I've supported both teams for many years although work and other things have made visits rather fleeting this season. I have occasionally brought not only my son but 2 Swindon RFC fans who have become tie wearing Chief fans. They were, however, disinclined to support City.

Meanwhile it's congrats to Sam Simmons of the Exeter Chiefs who not only gained his first England cap but produced a masterly display that has pundits and England fans waxing lyrical in newspapers and fans forums alike. While decidedly smaller than your normal No8, the Devon born bhey is lighting in a hurry that wrong foots opponents as his two tries against Italy on Sunday proved. I think he's probably become undroppable during this 6 Nation campaign although It's likely that he will wear the openside shirt (No7) should Billy Vunipola or Nathan Hughes gain fitness.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good tackle count too, and lets not forget the other Chiefs who played as well.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good tackle count too, and lets not forget the other Chiefs who played as well.
Of course - and wasn't great the other three congratulate Jack Nowell after his try in the closing minutes of the game. Good team spirit from them all.

LDNGrecian

What a great repeat for our city. 2 fantastic performances which were incredibly executed. Together we're putting the city on the map!
COYR and COYC!

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
What a great repeat for our city. 2 fantastic performances which were incredibly executed. Together we're putting the city on the map!
COYR and COYC!
Amen to that.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Chiefs losing 19-3 early 2nd half.

IndoMike

Steenson try and conversion. 19-10. 14 mins remaining

Joshyd123

No chance of a comeback. Really poor performance after having 100% possession in the first 10 minutes to being 12-3 down after 15.

Antony Moxey

Perhaps now it really is our turn tomorrow.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Perhaps now it really is our turn tomorrow.
I had the same thought. Reverse fortunes of last season.