• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Well as it go to town on the Scouse tonight.....

journeyman

"Real fans. By and large these people are scum but proper supporters. It is this category that were responsible for Heysel and the like."

So by your notion, any 'real liverpool fan' was responsible for Heysel. All real liverpool fans are also 'by and large scum'. And i suppose that all 'real liverpool fans' run around in shell suits shouting 'ay ay ay' and all live in council flats. Stupid stereotyping. Utter bullsh*t. Think about what you write before you post it because that is a ridiculous comment.
agreed 100%.

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
While my OP on this thread was serious the last one was seeing a perfect fishing / trolling opportunity and it's safe to say I have some for the 'keep net'. Credy and Ellis have seen through it mind.....

elginCity

seeing a perfect fishing / trolling opportunity and it's safe to say I have some for the 'keep net'.
Well done, nice topic to choose to go 'fishing' with. ^o)

Very clever.

Not.

journeyman

While my OP on this thread was serious the last one was seeing a perfect fishing / trolling opportunity and it's safe to say I have some for the 'keep net'. Credy and Ellis have seen through it mind.....
I don't see where the link between 'fishing/trolling' and Heysel is? not exactly the greatest choice of thread, and it still doesn't detract from what you've said anyway.

Phil Sayers

The fishing was aimed at Liverpool fans in general e.g 'post 96' and 'armchair'.

Heysel is obviously a very serious matter and I did not meant to use it as banter. If it has come out that way then I apologise.

journeyman

The fishing was aimed at Liverpool fans in general e.g 'post 96' and 'armchair'.

Heysel is obviously a very serious matter and I did not meant to use it as banter. If it has come out that way then I apologise.
Fair enough, but when you take the opening post into the context of the thread as well, it looks as if it's a slate across Liverpool FC and its fans

journeyman

Sorry double post

Last edited:

mammooman

It's a funny one, judging Prem fans. I worked with a guy up until last Thurs who was a season ticket at Man Utd, he spent all his money after bills et all on going to utd and travelling for the away European games. I would take his opinon on matters Utd pretty seriously but at the same time he would also listen to my ECFC stories/opinions/personal perspective.

Other than him all i have met is wannabe man utd/liverpool/arsenal fans who couldn't care less outside the top 4 and base all their opinions on MOTD and the papers. If it was up to them their whole team would comprise of 11 David Bentley's.

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ban this troll!!! :D :D

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I tend to keep my views to myself on this issue thanks to the usual COSPian attitudes when criticism is levelled, but a second-hand account from someone who used to steward at the old Wembley back 20-30 years ago stated that they always used to dread Liverpool (and to a certain extent Everton) reaching a Wembley Final, as that was always the cue for trouble - mainly from the "something for nothing" brigade who would turn up without a ticket and do anything to get into the ground. In one extreme case someone even tried to get in by scaling the Twin Towers!

Funnily enough, the other "naughty" clubs of the time (Man United had a particularly nasty hooligan element, for example), never game them any of the same sort of problems.

Ticketing fiascos at the recent European Cup Finals involving Liverpool (naturally blamed on the organisers) seem to suggest that little has changed.