• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Luke Harris

Papa John

Don’t worry not only has GC hyped Luke Harris up so has the Welsh National team forum. Luke Harris has his own thread he is meant to be Wales “next big thing” handed the number 11 shirt vacated by Gareth Bale but even the most dedicated fans have questioned this. He has been closely watched in the youth teams with Wales saying things like “what is all the fuss about”. Other young players are outshining him and they have had no hype. GC has simply carried the hype on believing Luke Harris is Exeters saviour who was meant to light the team up

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
He was hailed as the messiah by the management team to try and spare their blushes for the summer recruitment, only need to look as far as them to see where the unrealistic expectations have been placed on an 18 year old loanee.

Hasn't it been a trait of Caldwell's managerial downward spiral to remove the old guard and fill his squad with young prospect loanees at his previously clubs?
Was Caldwell at Fulham then? :unsure:

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
When Ollie Watkins was 19 he was playing for Weston Super Mare.
That's kinda the point innit?! A 19-year-old Ollie Watkins wasn't ready for League Two football but an 18-year-old Luke Harris supposedly is.

Not sure anyone is dismissing the possibility there might be a player there, the concern is more about what he's bringing to the side at this moment in time.

Papa John

Marco Silva said his loan required “guaranteed minutes”

Marco Silva says he is ready to let young Fulham midfielder Luke Harris go out on loan during next month’s transfer window.

The Jersey-born Wales Under-21 international was included on the bench for Monday’s win over Wolves but has struggled to break into the first team despite being highly-rated by the Whites boss.

Harris almost went on loan in the summer to Exeter but the uncertainty caused by Joao Palhinha’s potential move to Bayern Munich saw Fulham pull the plug on the deal.

Palhinha’s return from suspension could see Harris miss out on a place in the squad that will face Liverpool at Anfield on Sunday and Silva admits the 18-year-old needs game time.

“Last summer it was planned that Luke would go and play senior football and become stronger but unfortunately regarding the situation with Joao it didn’t give us time ,” Silva said.

“If he goes he has to be guaranteed first team minutes” he is still a young lad and learning what division is not the most important thing.

“It is about what type of football he is going to play, what type of manager. A good example is when we let Martial Godo go to Wigan on loan.

“He is developing and I know the manager there really well, he is a former player of mine, plays good football and I have good connection with him and he wanted to sign Martial.

“Sometimes you have to be careful where you put the players, you have to see the people in charge and how they prepare themselves to make sure it is the right place for a young player.”

Rosencrantz

Is PJ stalking Luke Harris? Needs a restraining order as this obsession is just getting weird.

Papa John

Is PJ stalking Luke Harris? Needs a restraining order as this obsession is just getting weird.
I’m Welsh through and through and love Luke Harris it’s frustrated me about all the hype with Fulham and Wales and he believed it too. He has gone backwards sadly since the 30 million pound rumours and was given £18,000 a week on a long contact. Luke just needs to take a deep breath and go back to basics and not try to over impress all the time

andrew p long

Luke Harris - age 18 born 4 March 2005. Pedro Borges - age 18 born July 2005.

So, for perspective Luke is four months older than Pedro. But playing 4 tiers higher.

Having said that, the next Wales squad will be interesting. Aaron Ramsey has already been ruled out, meaning there is a vacancy for midfield cover. My guess is that its still too early for Luke and that his current form only justifies a U21 Wales call up.

crocks

Luke Harris - age 18 born 4 March 2005. Pedro Borges - age 18 born July 2005.
And at the moment, I would rather have Pedro in the team than Luke.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
And at the moment, I would rather have Pedro in the team than Luke.
The player struggling to get a game for Gosport in Tiverton Town's league? Harris hasn't been as effective as we'd have hoped but come on...

Papa John

If Luke Harris was English I would not follow him so closely. I follow the Welsh young lads Charlie Crew, Lewis Koumas and Rubin Collwill just to name a few just as much as Luke. I just feel the management of the last named three have been handled better and their development also handled better by Wales compared to Luke Harris who was fast tracked straight into the Welsh first team squad in late 2022 when he was 18 (and at that time) had never played any first team football so of course it was all strange.