• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Webby

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
Not a chance - just forcing the debate back to where it belongs - Argyle sites
Why can't it happen here? And if it can't happen here, why can't it go onto ATD like Tring has suggested?

TFGRsbabies

It's been the same across every thread he's posted in.

Feel free to point out where any of my arguments are fallacious.

I mean over the course of time and the evolution of the Argyle situation not since hes stalked Ian Newell on exeweb.

You really are a strange person - even for a City fan.

mfcrocker

I mean over the course of time and the evolution of the Argyle situation not since hes stalked Ian Newell on exeweb.

You really are a strange person - even for a City fan.
And you're an incredibly bad debater and have no humility whatsoever to admit when you're beaten.

TFGRsbabies

And you're an incredibly bad debater and have no humility whatsoever to admit when you're beaten.
If you honestly think that one trick pony Tring who rolls out the "I was right all along" mantra whilst failing to tell people he's rode more horses than a jockey could ever get the better of anyone in a balanced debate then you must be his wife or mum.

You on the other hand are poorly informed and only slightly less repetitive than him.

mfcrocker

You on the other hand are poorly informed and only slightly less repetitive than him.
Says the person who has not debunked one singular point so far. Who's the poorly informed one here?

TFGRsbabies

Says the person who has not debunked one singular point so far. Who's the poorly informed one here?
Deluded....I'm off to do some work......do some more research, get Tring to ice you down and we'll speak again soon. Good boy.

mfcrocker

Deluded....I'm off to do some work......do some more research, get Tring to ice you down and we'll speak again soon. Good boy.
Flounceeeee

Tringreen

Ok his criticisms....

They are a joke.

Like every single football fan in the UK Ian Newell and all of us change our thoughts. It happens with players, it happens with managers, it happens with boards.

There is no doubt that under Stapleton and co there were good times (two championship sides for example). Only a complete liar would try and say that during those times the fanbase didn't like the board.

That period of success bought the board more loyalty than they deserved in my view and as things changed and unfolded with Gardner, Todd and the Japanese most fans put their trust in Stapletons judgement. A few didn't.

This isn't rocket science. It isn't tring being some sort of mystic meg.

tring didn't see it coming because hes a genius he calls every single thing negatively and when you do that you get some things right. No talent just the law of averages.

Just look at some of his posts on his own site.

Negative about Argyle fans, negative about Heaney, negative about Ridsdale, negative about the trust, negative about the Green taverners, negative about pasoti, negative about James Brent.

It is as if he is desperate for the Club to fold so he can stand there and say "I told you so".

Now because we are safe (off the pitch) rather than hold his hands up and say "maybe I called it wrong with Brent and although I don't like Ian Newell and co yes they played a part - however small" he has embarked on a very sad internet smear campaign against an individual.

So in short if you were asking me a question, despite being a City fan i would just answer it. When Tring asks one everyong knows that he is doing so to further his personal crusade against Ian Newell.

Exeweb just happens to be his latest vehicle of choice.
This is now getting tedious.
The unpleasantness with Newell and my lack of respect for his judgement and unhealthy control over Pasoti, goes back to the early years in the Championship.
I am no Mystic Meg but what I did understand through the lessons of our club's history and the modern day financial demands of the Championship, was the fact that the club could not survive for long without more investment than the then board could provide.
The organic model was a non starter. Stapleton and co. got lucky with Sturrock in his prime and as will always happen from time to time for a club with our latent support, we got on a roll.
The 16k gates in our first Championship season were an indicator of something bigger IF we could ignite the never developed potential fanbase.
Instead, they decided to cling on and never once cosidered giving up their 'investment' to others more able financially to bring top flight football to England's 13th largest city club.
I knew then the footballing reality. We struggled, the crowds began to slowly fall away, as will always happen to any club with no top flight history. Apathetic Janners got the blame. Absolute rubbish ! Pulis came in and did an essential pruning job and made us boring but hard to beat. He moved on because he too knew our board was outclassed and weren't about to even try to pass on, or even share the baton.
Holloway came in and was perfect for us. He built upon the Pulis legacy and began to make a name for himself and his staff. Again, the board, totally backed by Pasoti[ the only large and instant supporters' voice] refused to consider investment, despite there being an offer available.Trust in Stapes was the watchword. I was banned about this time for repeatedly warning of impending collapse if investment was not accepted/sought out.
I had it on good authority from a former director, that Holloway had gone to the board in the Autumn of 2007 for investment to mount a play off challenge. When he found out a few weeks later, before the Norwich game I believe, that the board had done nothing at all, hadn't even tried, the game was up.
Holloway, his excellent coaching and scouting staff, his ambitious players now knew the score.The club was not going for it !
They were all ripe for the plucking from other more ambitious clubs and that is exactly what transpired.
The board cashed in the players/staff to make the club look healthier than it was and conned the Japs. The football world now knew we were a selling club and were only going in one direction, so Sturrock ended up handing out ridiculous contracts to average at best players,because no decent players were interested, in a vain attempt to maintain our status.
The slide was well and truly on. What happened next with the NWO further compounded the situation.
Throughout all this, I had to sit and watch in silence, with increasing horror and disaffection as the club spiralled downwards. Throughout all of this Pasoti kept faith with Stapleton, Todd, Sir Roy etc.

Throughout all of this, Pasoti under Newell's control, has consistently not only got it wrong but has also delighted in ridiculing and silencing dissenting voices.
He has been happy to dish out insults on here, ATD and other forums but Pasoti remains his fiefdom, where he cannot and will not accept any criticism.

That's about it my friend. Hopefully, you will accept what I have said as my truth. I don't make up stories and claim to be anything other than a fan of 50 years who has become very disillusioned.
There is no doubt that Argyle is largely Ian's life and he almost certainly means well and does bleed green but he has contributed to our demise through his control over Pasoti, the club's oldest and largest forum.Many astute posters have come and gone. As a result the representation with the club from the fans, is largely one dimensional and Pasoti backed.
The man has recently boasted on the power of Pasoti and on that point I can totally agree with him.

TFGRsbabies

This is now getting tedious.
The unpleasantness with Newell and my lack of respect for his judgement and unhealthy control over Pasoti, goes back to the early years in the Championship.
I am no Mystic Meg but what I did understand through the lessons of our club's history and the modern day financial demands of the Championship, was the fact that the club could not survive for long without more investment than the then board could provide.
The organic model was a non starter. Stapleton and co. got lucky with Sturrock in his prime and as will always happen from time to time for a club with our latent support, we got on a roll.
The 16k gates in our first Championship season were an indicator of something bigger IF we could ignite the never developed potential fanbase.
Instead, they decided to cling on and never once cosidered giving up their 'investment' to others more able financially to bring top flight football to England's 13th largest city club.
I knew then the footballing reality. We struggled, the crowds began to slowly fall away, as will always happen to any club with no top flight history. Apathetic Janners got the blame. Absolute rubbish ! Pulis came in and did an essential pruning job and made us boring but hard to beat. He moved on because he too knew our board was outclassed and weren't about to even try to pass on, or even share the baton.
Holloway came in and was perfect for us. He built upon the Pulis legacy and began to make a name for himself and his staff. Again, the board, totally backed by Pasoti[ the only large and instant supporters' voice] refused to consider investment, despite there being an offer available.Trust in Stapes was the watchword. I was banned about this time for repeatedly warning of impending collapse if investment was not accepted/sought out.
I had it on good authority from a former director, that Holloway had gone to the board in the Autumn of 2007 for investment to mount a play off challenge. When he found out a few weeks later, before the Norwich game I believe, that the board had done nothing at all, hadn't even tried, the game was up.
Holloway, his excellent coaching and scouting staff, his ambitious players now knew the score.The club was not going for it !
They were all ripe for the plucking from other more ambitious clubs and that is exactly what transpired.
The board cashed in the players/staff to make the club look healthier than it was and conned the Japs. The football world now knew we were a selling club and were only going in one direction, so Sturrock ended up handing out ridiculous contracts to average at best players,because no decent players were interested, in a vain attempt to maintain our status.
The slide was well and truly on. What happened next with the NWO further compounded the situation.
Throughout all this, I had to sit and watch in silence, with increasing horror and disaffection as the club spiralled downwards. Throughout all of this Pasoti kept faith with Stapleton, Todd, Sir Roy etc.

Throughout all of this, Pasoti under Newell's control, has consistently not only got it wrong but has also delighted in ridiculing and silencing dissenting voices.
He has been happy to dish out insults on here, ATD and other forums but Pasoti remains his fiefdom, where he cannot and will not accept any criticism.

That's about it my friend. Hopefully, you will accept what I have said as my truth. I don't make up stories and claim to be anything other than a fan of 50 years who has become very disillusioned.
There is no doubt that Argyle is largely Ian's life and he almost certainly means well and does bleed green but he has contributed to our demise through his control over Pasoti, the club's oldest and largest forum.Many astute posters have come and gone. As a result the representation with the club from the fans, is largely one dimensional and Pasoti backed.
The man has recently boasted on the power of Pasoti and on that point I can totally agree with him.
2/3rds of posts is a history lesson any Argyle fan could tell.

The rest is yet more contradiction as you yet again admit posoti is powerful yet a few posts earlier claim only a few hundred followed it.

Nice to see you easing off the personal stuff though.

A major step forward.

mfcrocker

2/3rds of posts is a history lesson any Argyle fan could tell.

The rest is yet more contradiction as you yet again admit posoti is powerful yet a few posts earlier claim only a few hundred followed it.

Nice to see you easing off the personal stuff though.

A major step forward.
I thought you were off to work? Shortest flounce ever.