• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Webby

TFGRsbabies

Fallacy (appeal to ridicule)

Yet the majority of the Pasoti fanbase didn't see it. So Tring did see something that the majority did not.

The Law of Averages is at best a really poor grasp of statistics, and in the way you're using it it's a fallacy. Someone can be right to be always negative.

No. The burden of proof is on you.

Why is he wrong to be negative?

Fallacy (strawman)

1) Why has he called it wrong with Brent? Brent has not yet saved the club.
2) Proof required that Newell and co played a part has not been provided.
3) Fallacy (ad hominem, also it's only a smear campaign if the accusations are false)

Fallacy (strawman)

Summary: Even ignoring the huge amount of logical fallacies (yes, I'm really big on pointing them out. You won't get away with them) you still haven't told me why Tring is wrong to be negative. You have told me over and over and over that you believe being negative is wrong, but not why.
There really is no helping you if you honestly believe in the post you have just made. Ridiculous.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
There really is no helping you if you honestly believe in the post you have just made. Ridiculous.
Fallacy (appeal to ridicule).

This is easy and I could go on all day. Let me ask you the question again because you haven't yet answered it:

Why is Tring wrong to be negative?

TFGRsbabies

Fallacy (appeal to ridicule).

This is easy and I could go on all day. Let me ask you the question again because you haven't yet answered it:

Why is Tring wrong to be negative?
Never said he was wrong to be negative. Just said he can't accept it when he is wrong.

mfcrocker

Never said he was wrong to be negative. Just said he can't accept it when he is wrong.
Actually your entire argument and your repeated question to Tring is what is he doing to help. I am asking you why he has to help. You have not given a reason, and have just admitted that he's perfectly fine to be negative.

So what is the f*cking problem with Tring? He's not been wrong about owners in the past, he's not been proven to be right or wrong on Brent (time will tell on that)...

You haven't got a leg to stand on, and you're flailing horribly now there's someone who won't take your bullsh*t fallacious answers. You said he should accept when he's wrong - how about you do the same. How about you actually accept that Tring WAS right to be negative about previous owners and that he COULD still be right about Brent. Unless you're willing to disprove it (and so far you haven't) accept that both he and I are right that Webby et al haven't done anything to change the situation.

Or just flounce. For once, it wouldn't be funny, it'd just be nice for someone with such terrible banter and awful debating skills to f*ck off.

TFGRsbabies

Actually your entire argument and your repeated question to Tring is what is he doing to help. I am asking you why he has to help. You have not given a reason, and have just admitted that he's perfectly fine to be negative.

So what is the f*cking problem with Tring? He's not been wrong about owners in the past, he's not been proven to be right or wrong on Brent (time will tell on that)...

You haven't got a leg to stand on, and you're flailing horribly now there's someone who won't take your bullsh*t fallacious answers. You said he should accept when he's wrong - how about you do the same. How about you actually accept that Tring WAS right to be negative about previous owners and that he COULD still be right about Brent. Unless you're willing to disprove it (and so far you haven't) accept that both he and I are right that Webby et al haven't done anything to change the situation.

Or just flounce. For once, it wouldn't be funny, it'd just be nice for someone with such terrible banter and awful debating skills to f*ck off.
My problem with Tring is he basically is an internet stalker.

As I have said if you hold those opinions then take your place alongside Tring and his merry men whilst everyone else continues to live in the real world.

mfcrocker

My problem with Tring is he basically is an internet stalker.
But that doesn't make what he says wrong. His opinions are still valid and correct regardless of whether he's a stalker or a peadophile or the f*cking God almighty.

And if we're slagging off Tring for being a stalker, where's the hatred for your beloved Porkus who famously rings people's bosses to tell them about their Exeweb posting?

mfcrocker

As I have said if you hold those opinions then take your place alongside Tring and his merry men whilst everyone else continues to live in the real world.

Seriously, if I get absolutely nothing else out of this head-to-head then I want you to stop appealing to ridicule.

TFGRsbabies

But that doesn't make what he says wrong. His opinions are still valid and correct regardless of whether he's a stalker or a peadophile or the f*cking God almighty.

And if we're slagging off Tring for being a stalker, where's the hatred for your beloved Porkus who famously rings people's bosses to tell them about their Exeweb posting?
Never claimed to love or even like porkus.

In amongst all the posts my overwhelming point is/was what sort of individual (and what is their motivation) comes on a rivals fan site to attack on of their own?

Just plain weird.

Ps your use of examples there is more than a little worrying to be honest.

TFGRsbabies

Seriously, if I get absolutely nothing else out of this head-to-head then I want you to stop appealing to ridicule.
You are beginning to make tring look normal.

mfcrocker

Never claimed to love or even like porkus.

In amongst all the posts my overwhelming point is/was what sort of individual (and what is their motivation) comes on a rivals fan site to attack on of their own?
On a thread debating the Argyle Trust's role which spread out to debate the troubles at Argyle at large, why the f*ck does it matter what kind of individual Tring is?

You aren't getting this, so let me make this REALLY simple:

Tring has an opinion
That opinion is correct
The kind of person Tring is does not make the opinion incorrect.
Claiming that it does is a fallacy.

Ps your use of examples there is more than a little worrying to be honest.
Fallacy (ad hominem, and a really really stupid one)