• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Webby

TFGRsbabies

F*cking hell aren't you just the brokenest little record this side of Saltash?
When a question gets dodged it is only right to ask it again my old china.

Tringreen

Oh dear Tring that chip on your shoulder is visible from Cyprus.

I ask again in amongst all of your attacks on Ian Newell what have YOU actually done to rally the thousands of supporters that you claim don't support the actions of Mr Newell, Webb and co?
I have never claimed anything of the sort. Read my missive from Sunday night again.
In short, they are the ever present rump of our support. They took up the action they saw fit. They had/have the platform/box seat.It is what they do. They bleed green. They go to every game. They invariably get it wrong and certainly won't even listen to others.
Pasoti controls a few hundred loyal activists and they have centre stage.
What exactly do you expect a tiny minority, with no public profile to be able to do ?

Newell's unwavering support of Stapleton is well known. I was silenced on Pasoti for disagreeing. Just today on here, old threads have emerged where Newell backs Todd and Gardner. Now he backs Brent. Let us hope he is right for once.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
When a question gets dodged it is only right to ask it again my old china.
Good idea. In the same spirit, why the f*ck can't he criticise the operations of Newell et al without offering a better solution? Sure, it may not be constructive but that does not remove his right to criticise. (This is at least the third time I have asked you this)

You seem to have this idea that he is not a valid critic because he is purely negative, and that this is a valid way to debate and to dismiss his argument. This is a wrong idea, and you won't get away with doing so.

Last edited:

TFGRsbabies

I have never claimed anything of the sort. Read my missive from Sunday night again.
In short, they are the ever present rump of our support. They took up the action they saw fit. They had/have the platform/box seat.It is what they do. They bleed green. They go to every game. They invariably get it wrong and certainly won't even listen to others.
Pasoti controls a few hundred loyal activists and they have centre stage.
What exactly do you expect a tiny minority, with no public profile to be able to do ?

Newell's unwavering support of Stapleton is well known. I was silenced on Pasoti for disagreeing. Just today on here, old threads have emerged where Newell backs Todd and Gardner. Now he backs Brent. Let us hope he is right for once.
But the benefit of hindsight is a great thing Tring and you also have a very selective memory yourself. You questioned the Trust for not doing enough then questioned them when they stepped it up.

Basically what you do is jump on whatever horse you feel like at the time and then claim to have some sort of amazing talent at always picking the winner.

This is what makes me laugh most about you though. You claim that you couldn't do anything about it because you had no public profile. When this kicked off I had never heard of the Taverners, Chris Webb, Sue Pollard etc etc.

You also claim they only speak for hundreds.

This means that there are thousands of Argyle fans unrepresented. They had no public profile but they got off their backsides. Why didn't you do the same Tring?

TFGRsbabies

Good idea. In the same spirit, why the f*ck can't he criticise the operations of Newell et al without offering a better solution? Sure, it may not be constructive but that does not remove his right to criticise. (This is at least the third time I have asked you this)

You seem to have this idea that he is not a valid critic because he is purely negative, and that this is a valid way to debate and to dismiss his argument. This is a wrong idea, and you won't get away with doing so.
He can criticise all he wants and in the same way I can say (a) what have you done? and (b) why do you feel the need to stalk an Argyle fan onto an Exeter forum?

mfcrocker

He can criticise all he wants and in the same way I can say (a) what have you done? and (b) why do you feel the need to stalk an Argyle fan onto an Exeter forum?
No, you see, you can't say "what have you done". That is not a valid counter to his criticisms.

Face it, you've got ******* all comeback to what Tring is saying so you're resorting to petty ad hominems. How pathetic.

TFGRsbabies

No, you see, you can't say "what have you done". That is not a valid counter to his criticisms.

Face it, you've got ******* all comeback to what Tring is saying so you're resorting to petty ad hominems. How pathetic.
Ok his criticisms....

They are a joke.

Like every single football fan in the UK Ian Newell and all of us change our thoughts. It happens with players, it happens with managers, it happens with boards.

There is no doubt that under Stapleton and co there were good times (two championship sides for example). Only a complete liar would try and say that during those times the fanbase didn't like the board.

That period of success bought the board more loyalty than they deserved in my view and as things changed and unfolded with Gardner, Todd and the Japanese most fans put their trust in Stapletons judgement. A few didn't.

This isn't rocket science. It isn't tring being some sort of mystic meg.

tring didn't see it coming because hes a genius he calls every single thing negatively and when you do that you get some things right. No talent just the law of averages.

Just look at some of his posts on his own site.

Negative about Argyle fans, negative about Heaney, negative about Ridsdale, negative about the trust, negative about the Green taverners, negative about pasoti, negative about James Brent.

It is as if he is desperate for the Club to fold so he can stand there and say "I told you so".

Now because we are safe (off the pitch) rather than hold his hands up and say "maybe I called it wrong with Brent and although I don't like Ian Newell and co yes they played a part - however small" he has embarked on a very sad internet smear campaign against an individual.

So in short if you were asking me a question, despite being a City fan i would just answer it. When Tring asks one everyong knows that he is doing so to further his personal crusade against Ian Newell.

Exeweb just happens to be his latest vehicle of choice.

Last edited:

Tringreen

But the benefit of hindsight is a great thing Tring and you also have a very selective memory yourself. You questioned the Trust for not doing enough then questioned them when they stepped it up.

Basically what you do is jump on whatever horse you feel like at the time and then claim to have some sort of amazing talent at always picking the winner.

This is what makes me laugh most about you though. You claim that you couldn't do anything about it because you had no public profile. When this kicked off I had never heard of the Taverners, Chris Webb, Sue Pollard etc etc.

You also claim they only speak for hundreds.

This means that there are thousands of Argyle fans unrepresented. They had no public profile but they got off their backsides. Why didn't you do the same Tring?
Oh dear.......... I thought the Trust should have been more militant from the start and said so. They were only ever interested in backing Brent but weren't prepared to upset the likes of Ridsdale and Guilfoyle.You know, 'those hard working gentlemen' ?
With the way things are heading we would have been better off starting again with a Trust owned club in the wilderness. Investment would gradually come in as we climbed back up the leagues but the supporters would always have at least part ownership of the club.
The Trust has about 1400 members, many of whom are exiles/children. Pasoti and its owners ARE the local voice. Just don't think they have a track record of getting things right. Can't deny that they 'do things' but the ball is firmly in their court and it is their way or the highway.

Anyway, come onto ATD and we can leave these people in peace, as you suggested. Maybe even come to some sort of agreement.

TFGRsbabies

Oh dear.......... I thought the Trust should have been more militant from the start and said so. They were only ever interested in backing Brent but weren't prepared to upset the likes of Ridsdale and Guilfoyle.You know, 'those hard working gentlemen' ?
With the way things are heading we would have been better off starting again with a Trust owned club in the wilderness. Investment would gradually come in as we climbed back up the leagues but the supporters would always have at least part ownership of the club.
The Trust has about 1400 members, many of whom are exiles/children. Pasoti and its owners ARE the local voice. Just don't think they have a track record of getting things right. Can't deny that they 'do things' but the ball is firmly in their court and it is their way or the highway.

Anyway, come onto ATD and we can leave these people in peace, as you suggested. Maybe even come to some sort of agreement.
You have some front accusing me of dodging questions tring. Getting enjoyable now.

mfcrocker

They are a joke.
Fallacy (appeal to ridicule)

Like every single football fan in the UK Ian Newell and all of us change our thoughts. It happens with players, it happens with managers, it happens with boards.

There is no doubt that under Stapleton and co there were good times (two championship sides for example). Only a complete liar would try and say that during those times the fanbase didn't like the board.

That period of success bought the board more loyalty than they deserved in my view and as things changed and unfolded with Gardner, Todd and the Japanese most fans put their trust in Stapletons judgement. A few didn't.

This isn't rocket science. It isn't tring being some sort of mystic meg.
Yet the majority of the Pasoti fanbase didn't see it. So Tring did see something that the majority did not.

tring didn't see it coming because hes a genius he calls every single thing negatively and when you do that you get some things right. No talent just the law of averages.
The Law of Averages is at best a really poor grasp of statistics, and in the way you're using it it's a fallacy. Someone can be right to be always negative.

Just look at some of his posts on his own site.
No. The burden of proof is on you.

Negative about Argyle fans, negative about Heaney, negative about Ridsdale, negative about the trust, negative about the Green taverners, negative about pasoti, negative about James Brent.
Why is he wrong to be negative?

It is as if he is desperate for the Club to fold so he can stand there and say "I told you so".
Fallacy (strawman)

Now because we are safe (off the pitch) rather than hold his hands up and say "maybe I called it wrong with Brent and although I don't like Ian Newell and co yes they played a part - however small" he has embarked on a very sad internet smear campaign against an individual.
1) Why has he called it wrong with Brent? Brent has not yet saved the club.
2) Proof required that Newell and co played a part has not been provided.
3) Fallacy (ad hominem, also it's only a smear campaign if the accusations are false)

So in short if you were asking me a question, despite being a City fan i would just answer it. When Tring asks one everyong knows that he is doing so to further his personal crusade against Ian Newell.
Fallacy (strawman)

Summary: Even ignoring the huge amount of logical fallacies (yes, I'm really big on pointing them out. You won't get away with them) you still haven't told me why Tring is wrong to be negative. You have told me over and over and over that you believe being negative is wrong, but not why.