• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Vision 2010

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
As far as I remember, the initiative itself was all about infrastructure - making the club ready for League 1 football, rather than actually achieving the promotions.

Of course it follows that such a plan shows a desire to achieve those promotions, but I fear that people will start seeing V10 as a failure if we don't go up, regardless of achievements made off the pitch which actually do fall under the remit of the initiative.
People will see the V10 a failure if were not in at least L2 by then. If everything is ready to sustain L1 football off the pitch that would be great but if things on the pitch aren't ready and god forbid we're still at this level and the club says "We've achieved the V10" people are going say "So what we're still playing in the Conference".

I only think the V10 will ultimatly work if we get back into the league, that would increase the profile of the club ,more TV money sponsership etc

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
V10......:D

Not with the current squad or management team of Mr inexperience & Puppet master.

DB9

......or maybe one that the supporters will be prepared to support through thick and thin and give that opportunity to??
Our supporters do support through thick and thin. We've hardly set the footballing world alight in the club's life.

We've languished in the bottom two tiers of the football ladder and never got higher, now we're a non-league club but the fans still come through the turnstiles, home and away, put their hands in their pockets when asked, help around the club etc.

But look what happens if we play badly, fans get castigated for daring to say what they feel.

As for "Thick and Thin" i would definatly say this is "Thin" but the fans are coming to games and as far as i'm concerned they can air their views, good or bad and if that means they want to question the manager, his tactic's, players etc then thats fine.

It boils down to the fact that is we just want to get back into the league, whoever's in charge.

If we're still in this league in a few season's time we will be known as a non-league team, not a former league team and that will be a very sad day

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd take league football by 2010.

DB9

I'd take league football by 2010.
I would to , hopefully sooner!!!!!!!

NilesCrane

Absolutely no chance.

It's nothing to to do with Paul Tisdale or his squad. They I believe are doing the best they can with what they have. I'm all for initiatives to push us up the league but I would like to know exactly what the V10 lot are planning to do to significantly raise revenue enough to turn things around on the pitch.

Fans running the club is good for the community spirit and all that and it has certainly bailed us out in our darkest hour and to all those people who achieve that I am wholeheartedly grateful.

However, we will never achieve any real success with our current set up because we do not have any real money. I totally support the fact that Exeter City is now operating in a way to keep it solvent, and so we should after all the creditors lost 90% of their cash.

BUT, lets not kid ourselves, we will never achieve anything of any real note. We will be like Torquay United for the last 13 years under Mike Bateson. We won't go under, but we won't achieve anything that inspired either and I think for as long as we want to hold onto fans ownership, we have to accept that it will remain the case.

Last edited:

LammieLammieLammie

I would like to know exactly what the V10 lot are planning to do to significantly raise revenue enough to turn things around on the pitch.

However, we will never achieve any real success with our current set up because we do not have any real money. I totally support the fact that Exeter City is now operating in a way to keep it solvent, and so we should after all the creditors lost 90% of their cash.

I think for as long as we want to hold onto fans ownership, we have to accept that it will remain the case.
Morning Niles,

As someone who could be classed as "the "V10 lot" ie a member of the commercial board, I can say that significant strides have been made this year with new avenues of sponsorship, ie vehicle rental companies, Match Ball and Match sponsorship packages nearly fully booked, players Kits and match day hospitality boxes are also nearly fully booked, and the number of people booking match day hospitality also shows an increased level of income.

Of course, there is always more that can be done, and the club is aware of this - we are always open to new ideas!

Last edited:

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lammie,

As far as you know, do the club have an idea about how much an average League 1 club spends per year, and a clear plan as to how to match that by 2010? In my opinion, that is the only way to set out a realistic pathway to sustainable League 1 football. Anything else is just wishfull thinking.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Morning Niles,

As someone who could be classed as "the "V10 lot" ie a member of the commercial board, I can say that significant strides have been made this year with new avenues of sponsorship, ie vehicle rental companies, Match Ball and Match sponsorship packages nearly fully booked, players Kits and match day hospitality boxes are also nearly fully booked, and the number of people booking match day hospitality also shows an increased level of income.

Of course, there is always more that can be done, and the club is aware of this - we are always open to new ideas!

Lammie dont get me wrong thats great & im glad the club are doing well in other aspects but surely winning football matches and winning promotion has to be there first objective of a football club.

Do you agree ??...

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Credy:

Winning matches etc. is the be all and end all, but you can't just plan to achieve things by winning matches. You have to have the money and stucture in place to allow the club to be competitive (or outcompete) rivals on the playing side. Oxford are at the top because they have this, so have the ability to get the set-up to do the business on the pitch. We need to get to that level of income somehow.