• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Vision 2010

I

Isnowthetime

more pipe dreams

J

jonny_g

It's all about momentum.

Yeovil, Carlisle etc etc...
we are a much bigger club than yeovil off the pitch, we are capable just wait for that one promotion saeason and it'll be a fire-works dicplay you just need that one spark to set them off! [H]

jabba the gut

I would say their location is one advantage they have over us, Lammie.

Last edited:

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
We can!! Its poosible. I think we will do playoffs this year. I love to think we can do it and know that in 4 years we could be getting crowds of 7,000 in league 1

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
I agree MJP - When we beat Sarfend on that fateful day, If you told me that they would be in the championship now, I would have laughed...

Jabba, Carlisle maybe, but not Yeovil shirley?

Last edited:

jabba the gut

we are a much bigger club than yeovil off the pitch...
Why do you say that? True we have a longer league history, but as Sturtz pointed out elsewhere, we would have been relegated to the Conference (and Yeovil would probably have been promoted) long ago if the present relegation and promotion arrangements had always been in place.

IIRC they used to get crowds of 5'000 in non-league, so I wouldn't dismiss them that casually.

sw15grecian

Is a double promotion really that desirable though?
Macclesfield will be back in the conference next year in a dire financial state unless Ince can work some magic.

J

jonny_g

Yeovil are a team I like, and i see your point.

I guess i'm saying we should be a bigger club than yeovil.

J

jonny_g

A double promo could work for or against us it depends on our situation, look at doncaster. It worked well for them and Cralisle (it looks like it at the moment anyway). It could work against us tho we may need to find our feet on and off the pitch, we could slip up and drop back down and end up being a Torquay club, please forgive me, we'll never be like Torquay but you know waht i mean.

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is ain a dire financial state .
Which is why V10 is so important. It is also about infrastructure. As said on another thread, peoples discretionary spending income is on the decrease, so all clubs need to find different ways of attracting revenue.