• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

VAR - In our league: Yay or Nay?

Apart from the penalty he eventually awarded, I dont think anybody saw the other 'foul' in real time when Greasman simulated a dive perfectly. It was only following slow-mo examination that it became clear the french player had cheated. There was no obvious reason to review that. The simulation was perfect.
?.

I agree Pete, wouldn't it be wonderful if the ref had six pairs of eyeballs around the action, so often several camera angles make it appear that a foul was committed yet just one other angle makes it obvious that there wasn't............perhaps Neymar ought to stay behind after class ?

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Apart from the penalty he eventually awarded, I dont think anybody saw the other 'foul' in real time when Greasman simulated a dive perfectly. It was only following slow-mo examination that it became clear the french player had cheated. There was no obvious reason to review that. The simulation was perfect.
I saw it in real time and in the VAR replays - the Australian defender didn’t touch the ball, despite lawrenson’s theatrics.

If you’re not talking about that incident then this message will self-destruct in 10 seconds.

LDNGrecian

Not in our league but definitely will be introduced in the PL next season. Players, managers and pundits alike will have to deal with multiple incorrect decisions over the next season which would have been made correctly if they had VAR. This will lead to a groundswell of support.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

rifraf

Right now ……….Nay.

25yrs time ….. Compulsory for League status?

That's my guess.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Right now ……….Nay.

25yrs time ….. Compulsory for League status?

That's my guess.
OK by me, I'll be 90 if I survive that long, and probably not worried about whether a handball is deliberate.