• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Vanish works

berniesworld

Popped into the club shop today to get another..............none :(

Oh well time to dig out one of the SHO shirts from the loft then

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Must admit that I went into the shop on Saturday after the game to look/potentially purchase the new home shirt and decided that the quality was so cr*p, I didnt bother.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have to say the only Carbrini sh*t I own has held up better than my Sho shirt. But I got one of the properly sublimated ones. The ones like in the OP are guaranteed crap, more fool you for buying one really.

berniesworld

I have to say the only Carbrini sh*t I own has held up better than my Sho shirt. But I got one of the properly sublimated ones. The ones like in the OP are guaranteed crap, more fool you for buying one really.
It was bought for me as a birthday prezzie from the wife at the start of last season. And to be honest it has held up perfectly for many washes until now.

Was going to wear it for this season and then re-new with whatever the club comes up with next season. Always thought it was a very stylish design and looked good, just shame about the quality.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Whoops, my away shirt just came out of the wash and look what happened after the missus put a small amount of vanish on to remove a mark.
There's your problem. Don't let the women wash your football shirts. My wife insists on putting it the dryer, durr. Just washed mine, by hand and now hanging up to dry. Its doing fine.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Just a thought but wouldnt the club shop be able to new logo's etc on the shirts ?

Afterall the name and numbers never seem to come off the back of the shirts, shouldnt be a big deal for someone to do the flybe bit in the correct size and put them in the same place

Mine has just started going the same way. I won't be buying this year's home shirt.

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've never bought one of the Carbrini shirts for myself but my hubby and step-son have and they're just about surviving. They have the black shirts and I think they're a little less prone to wear and tear.

Trouble is whilst people are still buying the shirts the club won't do much about it. Supply and demand. If there's no demand then they'll stop supplying them and maybe then we could get another supplier. How long is the existing contract?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I also feel that if Puma, Nike and Adidas supply clubs at our level and many below, there must be a financial expedient which is overriding the club's desire to provide a quality product...This is, in the long run, a flawed strategy...
Indeed, what's wrong with going with one of the major manufacturers? If my lad's team can go fully kitted out in Nike shirts, shorts and socks plus full trackies and training kit then is it so difficult for a fully professional team to have professional kit?

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
It would be nice to know if this is the last season for Carbrini and if other kit Manufacturers are interested in Exeter City at the moment.
I asked this question a while back whilst at the club one day and it was confirmed that this is definitely the last season of the Carbrini deal.

Luckily, my away shirt is still ok but I'm now onto my second new home shirt after the stick-on badge fell off in the wash. Here's hoping for a decent supplier next season....