• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Uri Geller

shakey18

Picture of Geller wearing a City scarf in todays Guardian, along with Michael jackson and David Blaine, the paper saw it as the sordid little exhibition it all was.

Made his career out of conning people and we're supposed to love him for it?

F*ck off!

Im just feel slightly embarresed by the connection tbh.

Alli-fackin lujah. The bloke is a total *****, put nothing into the club, and has lived his whole life conning people. All he EVER did is embarrass Exeter City Football Club, and some on here would welcome him back because he once wore a City shirt on a sh*thouse reality T.V. programme?. He was part of the regime that nearly f*cked us right up, choosing to offer "Publicity opportunities" rather than putting money into the club by way of paying for his position within the club. Adrian Edmonson wore a City shirt whilst playing football with underprivileged kids in Africa because he's a fan-end of.Gellar has only ever tried to promote himself. As far as I'm concerned he can f*ck right off. The boy Jackson had some talent though............

Newtonpop

If Uri Geller and his son walk through the turnstile's and pay their entrance fee, they are very welcome as are all people who do the same. If he tries to wangle a freebie by some cheap publicity stunt, then he can F off.

Red Lion

Thank goodness the last 2 posts (unless someone gets on supporting the horibble c*nt while I'm slowly typing this!) have shown a bit of common sense.

The man is a ghastly, horrible, grotesque, parasitic, publicity seeking leech.

budegrecian

Daniel appeared to be a genuine fan but there always appeared to be some other agenda with Uri, who pledged his loyalty but no cash from what I gather.
Can anyone tell me if either are members of the Trust ?

flakey pasty

Daniel appeared to be a genuine fan but there always appeared to be some other agenda with Uri, who pledged his loyalty but no cash from what I gather.
Sean Devine?

Ian_Woodward

why should uri have put money into the club??

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
wasn't it Geller that reported them to the police?
I think you can safely file that one under 'urban myth'. As I recall, a certain MP, having been contacted by a number of his constituents, suggested to the police that they might like to take a look at what was going on at SJP.

And, while it pains me to give him any credit whatsoever, I believe a former chief executive of ECFC might also have made his feelings known to the boys in blue.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Its not as if he couldn't afford a couple of tickets is it!?
Funny you should say that. I know of at least one person who paid for Uri and his entourage, ie Daniel, his wife, and brother-in-law/agent, Shippy, to get into SJP after he 'forgot his wallet'. I also recall there were 'issues' with regard to his bill at the Royal Clarence.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have no idea if either Uri or Daniel are members of the Trust but I'd guess that they're not. I do know that Terry Pavey (Hern on here) spoke to Uri at some length in the days immediately after the Trust assumed control. As I recall, Uri mentioned the possibility of him putting, I think, 5k in but this depended on him being the figurehead. Once this possibility was ruled out it became clear we wouldn't see any of his cash - which, IMHO, tells its own story - though, as I recall, he did, to his credit, speak positively about the Trust.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think you can safely file that one under 'urban myth'. As I recall, a certain MP, having been contacted by a number of his constituents, suggested to the police that they might like to take a look at what was going on at SJP.

And, while it pains me to give him any credit whatsoever, I believe a former chief executive of ECFC might also have made his feelings known to the boys in blue.
Hardly altruistic, perhaps to distract some of the flack that should have been coming in a direction not a million miles from where he stood