• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Uri Geller

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think it's actually a pity the UG got so publicly involved with City. Before that he was always seen as a (kind-of) celebrity whose son happened to be a big fan. That was OK. A bit akin to the Ade Edmondson type support. (Though, in fairness, Ade is not "kind-of").

Once it all became so public, with or without Pinky & Perky, I think it became tacky and tragi-comic for both City and for the Gellers.

I am sure Daniel, at least, was (and sounds like still is) a big City fan. Just a shame it all went the way it did.

Lister

He appeared on celebrity get me out of here with his City shirt on priceless, I for one would welcome him back
And on that show he kissed the badge and said he "owned" Exeter City which, to me, tells me everything I need to know about him.

Daniel is welcome, Uri can go do one as far as i'm concerned.

greenawayr

I'm surprised this thread has gotten this far without some genuine animosity being displayed.

I bear no grudge against him, but in terms of celebrity figures who could be associated with the club, we could've done with someone slightly less eccentric.

ianaplincorners

I wouldn't be adverse to seeing him up at the Park again, his son too. Having said that though he'd have to pay his way, not on some free meat ticket. Its not as if he couldn't afford a couple of tickets is it!?

No more cheap stunts, just as a fan?

citizen33

Yes, I think the tone of this thread is about right. I would say that Daniel should be welcomed back with no reservations whatsoever - he did nothing wrong at all. Uri didn't commit any capital offense but his judgment was a little suspect on a few occasions. I'd say he needs to do the odd good deed to re-establish his credentials at City - as somebody else said, well away from the Directors' box though

Last edited:

Red Box

Uri didn't commit any capital
I think this bit of your synopsis is absolutely spot on !!

We have moved onwards and upwards without the ridiculous circus that surrounded the club back then - never again!

Philecfc

Its not that we would mind Uri coming back but please keep him away from the upstairs room as last time you could never find a spoon for your coffe as he was bending loads each week and can we aford to replace them. He did one at my daughters birthday in front of my eyes and it was great to see. If the club need it back I am sure we can find it.

LOG

I wouldn't trust a man who had been rumbled by Noel Edmonds ;)

STURTZ

Picture of Geller wearing a City scarf in todays Guardian, along with Michael jackson and David Blaine, the paper saw it as the sordid little exhibition it all was.

Made his career out of conning people and we're supposed to love him for it?

F*ck off!

Yorkie

Im just feel slightly embarresed by the connection tbh.