• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Update on the SJP works

Stelios

The music they use sounds like it's an obituary for the club
It does give it a bit of a "Nuclear winter" vibe(!)

Nice to see the old girl again though

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loved the Cowshed in the film with the uneven railway sleepers for terracing & without that daft walkway at the front that was added after it was refurbished in 1985/86.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I loved the cowshed. I don't know if its just because I stood in there for games throughout my childhood but I remember it being very noisy and hostile......"You'll never take the Cowshed"

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
"You'll never take the Cowshed"
Mainly because opposing supporters had to climb up primrose bank before climbing over a fence to even get near the chanters.

Oldsmobile-88

Posted it before..Any excuse 😁😁
The T Stand section of the Cowshed in April 1984.
2A5990BD-55B1-4F79-8401-3B00A9F386C7.jpegThe last big game it saw before it was refurbished.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mainly because opposing supporters had to climb up primrose bank before climbing over a fence to even get near the chanters.
However remember many a scuffle breaking out at the back where the choir was based and often the sound of running footsteps along the walkway at the back

Arthur Davey

Loved the Cowshed in the film with the uneven railway sleepers for terracing & without that daft walkway at the front that was added after it was refurbished in 1985/86.
Ah, those sleepers...I remember them being soaking wet one v soggy evening midweek game (v Pompey?), I jumped up when we scored the only goal, and landed on my arse...

Oldsmobile-88

However remember many a scuffle breaking out at the back where the choir was based and often the sound of running footsteps along the walkway at the back
Yep..Remember Oxford coming in the BB turnstiles & walking right along the back of the Cowshed(you were allowed to walk to all areas of the ground in those days) & a right old rumble.
Cambridge did that too from the SJ Rd end.

elginCity

Hah can go back even further, early 70s when oppo fans would congregate right next to the Cowshed choir, with a line of old bill keeping each group apart. Occasionally, the line would be breached and it would all kick off, resulting in any miscreant being put in a headlock by a copper, who'd usually lost his helmet by then, and frogmarched out of the St James Rd end. Or bundled into the back of a black maria.

Recall Port Vale being quite handy on one occasion back along. Happy days !:ROFLMAO:

Oldsmobile-88

Hah can go back even further, early 70s when oppo fans would congregate right next to the Cowshed choir, with a line of old bill keeping each group apart. Occasionally, the line would be breached and it would all kick off, resulting in any miscreant being put in a headlock by a copper, who'd usually lost his helmet by then, and frogmarched out of the St James Rd end. Or bundled into the back of a black maria.
I can remember Bristol City turning up in the Cowshed around 1976,caught everyone out because we were not playing them :D.
Their away game in the Midlands was postponed in the morning.
A couple of coaches went to the Bus station & they made their way to SJP & the Cowshed.Shouting that they ‘took it’ at 2.30pm,when there was hardly anyone there.🤣🤣