• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Update on the SJP works

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
And the bit that is paying for it all!

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Gosh, theres not a lot of room between the flats and the BB. If I was a student, I wouldn't want one of those rooms.....

Stelios

Sorry we're going to have to tear it down and start again. I'd prefer all the downpipes from the gutters to go down directly between the joins of the cladding stripes.

Ta (y)

WXF

Sorry we're going to have to tear it down and start again. I'd prefer all the downpipes from the gutters to go down directly between the joins of the cladding stripes.

Ta (y)
Bugga - am never not going to notice that ever again

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
When does the protective wall go back up at the away end? Presuming since it will still be a building site an it will be blocked off for safety

RobG

Can we see them full resolution?

AndrewP

Those Downpipes could surely be down the seems of the joins, preferably on the matching grey bits....that's going to do my head in !. And I'm sorry, but those turnstiles are horrible and a bit of paint aint gonna make them smart...You can't polish a turd!. Couple other qu's of interest and curiosity..

1) For some reason I thought the refreshment kiosk/toilets on the triangle would be permanent structures rather than freight containers. Doesn't look like a lot of space for queuing etc. either, that's going to get congested.
2) Are they going to put up some netting between the NOG and the BB to stop us losing balls and enclose it a bit
3) Are there going to be floodlight poles too between the NOG annd the BB
4) I take there will be railings/fencing around the pitch for advertising etc ?

Just wondering..

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster

Ta (y)
No reason why the down pipes could not be relocated simply a matter of adjusting the positioning of the gutter outlets. Certainly not a major task and one which an architect (if there is one) or the project manager should ensure gets rectified by the sub contractor responsible for the installation.

Indeed, although difficult to see for sure, looking at the photo it appears that in one instance a length of down piping will run across an aperture unless that is it is the intention to fill in the opening.

Benguin

Those Downpipes could surely be down the seems of the joins, preferably on the matching grey bits....that's going to do my head in !. And I'm sorry, but those turnstiles are horrible and a bit of paint aint gonna make them smart...You can't polish a turd!. Couple other qu's of interest and curiosity..

1) For some reason I thought the refreshment kiosk/toilets on the triangle would be permanent structures rather than freight containers. Doesn't look like a lot of space for queuing etc. either, that's going to get congested.

Highly unlikely i know, but the further development plans would involve permanent facilities under any extension of the NOG towards the Big bank. As the level is lower than the pitch there would be plenty of room in the undercroft of the stand. Don't hold your breath i suspect those containers will be rusting away for the next 40 years!

2) Are they going to put up some netting between the NOG and the BB to stop us losing balls and enclose it a bit

I am sure there will be some large advertising hoardings and netting as before in this area.

3) Are there going to be floodlight poles too between the NOG annd the BB

I think the floodlights on the BB roof are planned to stay negating the need for any poles along the triangle.

4) I take there will be railings/fencing around the pitch for advertising etc ?

I think that is a given.

Just wondering..
My thoughts on your queries.

godisagrecian

And the bit that is paying for it all!

Ahhh, that's the smoking area for the BB gone then....