• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Update on the SJP works

Ex-Mascot

Building work coming on faster than expected according to today's Sun!

Attachments

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes, we know Antony. :mad:
Pete, We all know its not perfect but TBH with the obvious building constraints on that side of the ground and the fact that paying for it has meant a lot of issues (Not just someone handing over a blank cheque) i think it's going to be pretty damn good when all done. Looking at Ariel photos of SJP the way the end of old grandstand and now the footprint of the new one and the way it cuts away it would have taken a shed load of money and dealing with various other parties to get a full length new stand. For me the club have done remarkably well to get this off the ground with so many false starts with other proposals and previous regimes who got us into so much hock with the BB and cowshed development, Surely after its all complete we can say its been done and within our means and we won't be looking for money to pay of a huge bill.

If in the future things go well and we go up the leagues and need to expand we might be in a position to build something everyone can agree on and not give out some of the snide remarks we have seen with this. For me the old grandstand and away end were an embarrassment and were in dire need of being replaced, This way we have done it sensibly and pragmatic and for a club like us with no one to write us cheques at a whim we have to be proud of what we're doing

Last edited:

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Anyone been up to the ground today? Has much happened in the past two days?

Fareham Grecian

Pete, We all know its not perfect but TBH with the obvious building constraints on that side of the ground and the fact that paying for it has meant a lot of issues (Not just someone handing over a blank cheque) i think it's going to be pretty damn good when all done. Looking at Ariel photos of SJP the way the end of old grandstand and now the footprint of the new one and the way it cuts away it would have taken a shed load of money and dealing with various other parties to get a full length new stand. For me the club have done remarkably well to get this off the ground with so many false starts with other proposals and previous regimes who got us into so much hock with the BB and cowshed development, Surely after its all complete we can say its been done and within our means and we won't be looking for money to pay of a huge bill.

If in the future things go well and we go up the leagues and need to expand we might be in a position to build something everyone can agree on and not give out some of the snide remarks we have seen with this. For me the old grandstand and away end were an embarrassment and were in dire need of being replaced, This way we have done it sensibly and pragmatic and for a club like us with no one to write us cheques at a whim we have to be proud of what we're doing
Couldn’t agree more. But even for those who don’t accept this logic, the new stands are what we (will) have. Effectively for free. Get a grip and get behind the club.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

Is the right answer (clap)

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Any new pictures please ?

Terryhall

Complete agreement with this.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
This is the state of play today at L1 Accrington Stanley

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

What’s that got to do with anything?

Antony Moxey

Ps: they’re not L1 yet, it’s still this season. They won’t be L1 until next season begins.