• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Update on the SJP works

Red Bill

It's more space efficient to have vomitory in the centre, as you have a single run of straight stairs, rather than two stair runs either side of the vomitory then a kink to return to single run. Therefore there is more space left over for seats!
I would have thought that the loss of seats in having them in the middle of the block would be worse than in the other arrangement, plus by having the vomitories in line with the steps, wouldn't you do away with the need for the walkway all along the front of the stand enabling you to move the stand closer to the pitch which may in turn have provided space for another block to be added.
Not that it matters now, the stand is built and I'm sure it'll do its job, I was just interested in why we went for that arrangement.

Last edited:

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
How would you see the pitch if the end was blocked off?
So there'll be no glass/perspex at all on the triangle end of the stand? Aren't people going to get p/issing wet through, particularly in driving rain?

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.
So there'll be no glass/perspex at all on the triangle end of the stand? Aren't people going to get p/issing wet through, particularly in driving rain?
Just looked at the plans Pete. Such a weather barrier should be in place for the upper part of the stand. I guess it is a trade off between comfort in inclement weather and an unencumbered view.

Benguin

Just looked at the plans Pete. Such a weather barrier should be in place for the upper part of the stand. I guess it is a trade off between comfort in inclement weather and an unencumbered view.
Not going to happen at the big bank end.

There is no framework in place to support any Perspex and would you fancy paying £25 to look through a dirty old bit of Perspex and a couple of steel supports to see the Big Bank end goal.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong

There isn't any on the BB or Doble just depends which way the rain comes in from ..... and besides if there is a possibility of that amount of rain some sort of waterproof coat could be worn.

Antony Moxey

How would you see the pitch if the end was blocked off?
You’ve heard of windows right?

Boyo

You’ve heard of windows right?
Yes. Do you sell them?

Antony Moxey

Yes. Do you sell them?
What? No, what a bizarre question.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes. Do you sell them?
I thought you sealed them

cuzman1977

Two questions.

1) Where are the plans for the away end?

2) When is the official finish date.

A boy and his Lego need to be updated in time.

And by the way, the whole lot is being rebuilt. I was never happy with the Big Bank, nor the Doble, so onwards and eventually upwards. This time, it won't sit in London. It will be in Exmouth.