• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
A lot will go to school at fee paying schools, I'd imagine those schools have all the necessary safety things in place,
A lot kept going..Tony Blair was very critical of the wholesale closure of state schools early on & the lack of will to keep them open to all,not just key workers.
Correctly saying that the gap in attainment between private & public would get wider at a alarming rate.

I just hope the government are not daft enough to have another school lockdown in the future.

DB9

A lot kept going..Tony Blair was very critical of the wholesale closure of state schools early on & the lack of will to keep them open to all,not just key workers.
Correctly saying that the gap in attainment between private & public would get wider at a alarming rate.

I just hope the government are not daft enough to have another school lockdown in the future.
A school lockdown would be curtains for the economy and Government, Unless this virus came back with a wallop and there were deaths in large numbers and they were forced to.

manc grecian

Pfft, I need some more time off!

Oldsmobile-88

A school lockdown would be curtains for the economy and Government, Unless this virus came back with a wallop and there were deaths in large numbers and they were forced to.
Difficult for any government but there will have to be a trade off & difficult decisions that require judgement from our leaders,but they are lead by perceived public opinion.A sure recipe for disaster.

Alistair20000

Given that so many decisions have been knee jerk reaction, panic driven, “we must be seen to be doing something “ and with no proper thought, anything is possible with this lot.

Reactions: DB9

manc grecian

Should find out tomorrow what the latest health and safety guidance is. We'll probably shut on Friday before the kids even get there

Oldsmobile-88

Given that so many decisions have been knee jerk reaction, panic driven, “we must be seen to be doing something “ and with no proper thought, anything is possible with this lot.
Aye...Sadly not wrong there.

Oldsmobile-88

Should find out tomorrow what the latest health and safety guidance is. We'll probably shut on Friday before the kids even get there
I bet reams of A4...Let us know how many pages manc.

Rosencrantz

Agree with that Rosey but this time it was a first day back at school photo, Like millions of other parents do, Back in the day that photo would go as far as your family photo album but nowadays putting it on SM is the thing, I'm too old to understand that but that seems the way.
Photo with the underlying political message attached which I guess he posts every first day of term 🙂. At least he wasn't feeding them beef burgers.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
A lot will go to school at fee paying schools, I'd imagine those schools have all the necessary safety things in place, The ones that go to state schools will be in the same boat as "Normal" kids but their parents being MP's they'll be so scrutinized to make sure they turn up. Can't be much fun for the kids.
Personally think the opposite, with family members working in both sectors.

State schools are being more cautious and going to the nth degree to make staff and students feel safe. Private schools have to get kids in to pay the bills, and parents demanding kids go back so are being more flexible in their interpretation of the reams of guidance.

We've only had 3 revisions in guidance so far since last Friday so hopeful we might get to the end of the week at least without any more...

I