• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Pictures of Wee Jimmy Krankie on the walls ?
Very strange.
I was publicly accused of "casual misogyny" on here for a mildly critical reference to the horrid Ms Patel.
Yet it seems Ms Sturgeon is fair game for insults based on her appearance. (Even though it does seem, every step of the way so far with Covid, her government has led while Johnson and his abject bunch of inadequates have merely had to, later, cravenly follow.)
Double standards perhaps??

Alistair20000

Very strange.
I was publicly accused of "casual misogyny" on here for a mildly critical reference to the horrid Ms Patel.
Yet it seems Ms Sturgeon is fair game for insults based on her appearance. (Even though it does seem, every step of the way so far with Covid, her government has led while Johnson and his abject bunch of inadequates have merely had to, later, cravenly follow.)
Double standards perhaps??
All politicians are fair game G2K.

Reactions: DB9

DB9

All politicians are fair game G2K.
Unlike their children

Grecian2K

Unlike their children
So are you now implying that I have been impugning ANY offspring of politicians of whatever hue?
I'll be extremely intrigued to see your "workings" here!
And, as for "all politicians are fair game" Al, could I please suggest that you possibly have a polite word with your political compatriot from the western side of the moor. He doesn't seem able to grasp that concept when "his own" are concerned.

DB9

So are you now implying that I have been impugning ANY offspring of politicians of whatever hue?
I'll be extremely intrigued to see your "workings" here!
And, as for "all politicians are fair game" Al, could I please suggest that you possibly have a polite word with your political compatriot from the western side of the moor. He doesn't seem able to grasp that concept when "his own" are concerned.
No not at all, Just today there has been some awful, vile tweets about JRM's children after he put a photo of them for their first day back at school, Probably like millions of other parents. He is fair game but not his children. Agree or disagree with JRM but be nice if people leave his children alone. That is what I meant, Nothing about what's been said on here and if rememberd rightly no one on here has had a go at a politicians small, school age children.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

I agree with DB. Not appropriate to involve young children whatever one thinks of the politician parent.

Rosencrantz

I agree with DB. Not appropriate to involve young children whatever one thinks of the politician parent.
No children of politicians or anyone in the public eye should be targeted because of who their parents are.

I would think that although there is a history of it happening, any politician involving their children in making a political point should also be frowned upon. But that is the fault of the politician not the children and it is the politician who should have questions asked.

DB9

No children of politicians or anyone in the public eye should be targeted because of who their parents are.

I would think that although there is a history of it happening, any politician involving their children in making a political point should also be frowned upon. But that is the fault of the politician not the children and it is the politician who should have questions asked.
Agree with that Rosey but this time it was a first day back at school photo, Like millions of other parents do, Back in the day that photo would go as far as your family photo album but nowadays putting it on SM is the thing, I'm too old to understand that but that seems the way.

Oldsmobile-88

Genuine question...Has any politician come out & said “my child will/will not be going back to school” ?

It must be a nightmare being a MPs offspring with some of the vile minds that frequent & post on social media.

DB9

Genuine question...Has any politician come out & said “my child will/will not be going back to school” ?

It must be a nightmare being a MPs offspring with some of the vile minds that frequent & post on social media.
A lot will go to school at fee paying schools, I'd imagine those schools have all the necessary safety things in place, The ones that go to state schools will be in the same boat as "Normal" kids but their parents being MP's they'll be so scrutinized to make sure they turn up. Can't be much fun for the kids.