• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK and European Politics 2024 Thread

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Indeed

Fcuk me we agree on something. :eek: Are you O.K. chap ? Or am I unwell ?
Yet again I find myself in agreement.
In my case I put it down to possible heat stroke from the sudden, unaccustomed outbreak of balmy weather
In yours could it be down to the neurotoxins from the blue-green algae that are apparently still infesting that huge lake in the grounds of Tebburn Towers?

Alistair20000

Maybe so.
But if the recent trickle of Tory defectors (both to "port and to "starboard" becomes a flood poor little Rishi! might even achieve his forecast of a hung parliament BEFORE the GE. 🤣
I wouldn't rule it out.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Natalie Elphicke MP has been accepted into the Labour Party. I don't understand why, she has nothing in common with the Party.

Alistair20000

Natalie Elphicke MP has been accepted into the Labour Party. I don't understand why, she has nothing in common with the Party.
Perhaps she is on a political journey ? Rather like the one John Bercow made.

She will not be missed as she fades into obscurity like other previous floor crossers.

Radio Free Skaro

Hi, is that Labour head office? I wanted to discuss the possibility of defecting from my current party..."

"I'd rather not share my real name at the moment. I'm sure you'll understand. In the meantime, you can call me ... erm ... Sishi Runak, ok?"

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is what I dont like. They should tell them to bugger off.

But I guess they agree to accept them in return for a carefully scripted statement of their views on the current state of the Tory party.

Alistair20000

But I guess they agree to accept them in return for a carefully scripted statement of their views on the current state of the Tory party.
Nail on head I think here BB. All part of the pathetic party politics kids games IMHO.

P.S. The Politics thread seems to have disappeared altogether so I cannot read the posts including our exchanges on climate change and weapons of mass destruction. I put you in the same boat as @arthur with the view that climate change is the biggest threat to the planet/mankind wheres I go for weapons of mass destruction.

Apologies if I accused you incorrectly. I would be interested to know what your biggest fear is if you care to share that with us.

Radio Free Skaro

Perhaps she is on a political journey ? Rather like the one John Bercow made.

She will not be missed as she fades into obscurity like other previous floor crossers.
Yeah a bit like that Winston Churchill bloke , whatever happened to him?!

Alistair20000

Yeah a bit like that Winston Churchill bloke , whatever happened to him?!
An exception to the general rule and from a completely different era.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

To my mind she has more in common with Reform UK.

Reactions: DB9