• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Uefa cup

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just a quick guffaw from me aimed at Tottingham.

They can prove the doubters wrong and live up to their boasts by breaking into the top four, perhaps not this season but next.

The CCC is a little easier after all.

Mackster

Without a doubt. As a collective of players you could not possibly imagine that team being in the bottom 3, but having said that, they are not top half material.

I love the way they are waxing lyrical about that save. IMO Gomes should not have been in that position in the first place, and thus wouldn't of had to make that save. Hutton was shocking.
It is amazing how quickly reputations are trashed. You are only as good as your league position, but this team even without Defoe/Keane/Berba should be able to achieve top 6. I don't want to sound like a deluded Spurs fan, but if for example Wenger (or Tisdale) was managing this group of players they would be top 6.

And there's the problem, Levy thought he was bringing a manager to rival Arsene Wenger, yet he can't really trust anyone with the level of influence Wenger exerts. Instead what he got was a fella who thought he won the lottery, who has no real commitment to the club, can't speak the language and he has the ultimate get out of jail card by being able to say he doesn't sign the players. As uncomfortable as things get, he will sit it out and then go and retire back to Spain on the compensation.

As for Gomes, you are quite right about his positioning, he made exactly the same mistake in the last round and was punished for it. Spurs have a habit of signing anyone who plays well against them (and that's quite a few). He is an improvement on Robbo, but it looks like his confidence is ebbing away and that is a disaster for a keeper. Jonah would have fared better, but I would have feared for him against Stoke and Rory Delap! Give Hutton a break, only 2nd game back after 5 months out with a broken foot.

pelsey

You can shove your stone island up your arse, this
Well done to Aston Villa last night. Great result against one of football's fallen giants.

cityno1ledgend

i think villa are going to get far .

Martin O"Niel is a Terrific Manager

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
Give Hutton a break, only 2nd game back after 5 months out with a broken foot.
It was more a reference to his part in the lobbed effort that Gomes clawed away. Hutton without a doubt is a quality player.

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
Gomes back to his best I see

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
hee hee. Thought more attention should be paid to the lack of marking with the 1st goal