• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Uefa cup

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am better between the sticks than Gomes.

FACT!!

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
Down here in deepest, darkest Kernow we don't have five on analogue and my freeview box doesn't get signal either! I'm listening on 5-live - are Spurs as crap as they sound?

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
are Spurs as crap as they sound?
Pretty much. Started brightly, until Gomes decided he could take on the approaching striker, only to forget he has a f*cking awful touch :mad:

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fantastic, O'Hara off for a 2nd bookable offence in 30secs

Unleashed

Doesn't help Ramos changing the team every week, it's only a matter if time before he is gone now.

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
Doesn't help Ramos changing the team every week, it's only a matter if time before he is gone now.
Without a doubt. As a collective of players you could not possibly imagine that team being in the bottom 3, but having said that, they are not top half material.

I love the way they are waxing lyrical about that save. IMO Gomes should not have been in that position in the first place, and thus wouldn't of had to make that save. Hutton was shocking.

Phil Sayers

but having said that, they are not top half material.
Really? Looking at the team on paper (Newcastle as well for that matter) I would expect them to be in the top 10. Sign a decent striker in January and there isn't any excuse for not being. I don't think it is at all likely either Spurs or the Toon will go down - both just need to grab a result or two somehow to kick-start their seasons.

(If this sounds familiar it's because I posted the same on the BB barely an hour ago. Sorry.)

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unless Spurs find someone who can put the ball in the back of the oppositions net, then Spurs are not going to be a top 10 side for years to come. The way they are continuing Spurs will struggle to attract anyone in January.

Phil Sayers

The wages will attract decent players even if the football doesn't. Plus it's not all about the position of the club at the moment you join - it's where potential signings (or rather their agents) think you might be in a couple of seasons. For example I bet Leeds and Leicester can attract players that Swansea can't despite being a league lower.

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
I struggle to see anyone of any class wanting a move to Spurs in the New Year.