• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Legohead

Banned
Gary Delaney is ok. He's performing at Uffculme in a few weeks. Tickets still available.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just checking what it was that killed the contestant

Michael Lush was killed during his first rehearsal for another live stunt. The stunt, called "Hang 'em High", involved bungee jumping from an exploding box suspended from a 120 ft-high crane. The carabiner clipattaching his bungee rope to the crane sprang loose from its eyebolt during the jump. He died instantly of multiple injuries.

The BBC production team were heavily criticised for the shortcomings in planning the stunt at the inquest.

Rosencrantz

Russell Howard for example. He's as funny as shingles. Atrocious. I'm going to see Milton Jones at my local theatre later this year so i'll see how that goes.
**Just finishes watching Russell Howard show to see this**😗

If you like one liners, you'll like Milton Jones. You do wonder how he, Tim Vine and Stuart Francis write so many to fill and sustain a gig but I've seen Tim Vine live and the other two recorded and they do.

I'm probably not the best to ask though as I've always been into stand up and like a very wide range of them. They are often different in their live shows than when you see them on TV which can be funny when you get someone walking out in a huff.

DB9

Viewing figures from this week in 1986..Soaps are king on 3 networks.
I had forgotten about Noel Edmonds Late Breakfast Show.
A contestant died during a stunt which was being recorded for the show a few months later.
View attachment 1665
At No5 on BBC 1 Les and Dustin's Laughter Show, Les Dennis and the Late Dustin Gee, They were quite funny double act until Dustin passed away suddenly I think around the time of these listings

Oldsmobile-88

At No5 on BBC 1 Les and Dustin's Laughter Show, Les Dennis and the Late Dustin Gee, They were quite funny double act until Dustin passed away suddenly I think around the time of these listings
Indeed they were..Loved the Mavis & Vera scenes they did mimicking Coronation St...Very amusing,reminded me a bit of the Cissie & Ada scenarios(Les Dawson & Roy Barraclough)

Reactions: DB9

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Part way through The Vietnam War on Netflix. Episodes are mostly just under 2 hours long and there are 10 of them. As well as live and still photographs of the war, there are interviews with the politicians of all sides, soldiers from the USA, South Vietnam, and the VC. Parents of the American soldiers and the protesters against the war. Harrowing at times, frustrating at the mistakes that the Americans were making and quite illuminating. I think I was only interested in the news towards the end of the war.

If you have the time, worth a watch.

Red Devon

On this day in 2008 DI Alex Drake was shot and woke up in 1981 #thisprogrammewasclass

iscalad

Saw Dustin Gee live in Jersey
He was hilarious

Oldsmobile-88

Part way through The Vietnam War on Netflix. Episodes are mostly just under 2 hours long and there are 10 of them. As well as live and still photographs of the war, there are interviews with the politicians of all sides, soldiers from the USA, South Vietnam, and the VC. Parents of the American soldiers and the protesters against the war. Harrowing at times, frustrating at the mistakes that the Americans were making and quite illuminating. I think I was only interested in the news towards the end of the war.

If you have the time, worth a watch.
That is a good series,especially the episode where it all finally comes to a end.

There is a great 2hr programme on PBS America floating around about the last couple of months & collapse of South Vietnam in March/April 1975.

Oldsmobile-88

Dustin Gee passed away at aged only 43 on 3rd Jan 1986.

A real shock at the time.