• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think we all did. Has aged badly though :cry:
No she hasn't, Me thinks a bit too much Plastic Surgery

DB9

I did not expect much tbh but was very surprised how well the storylines developed with the obvious nods to the 1980s series.

Has there ever been another series like that with such beautiful women ?

I remember when Larry Hagman turned up In Axminster of all places in 1980/81(he was based in the US military at one time in the area & was visiting old haunts)The scrum
around him caused chaos & stopped the traffic on the A35 through the town.A huge star at that time.
That time was the height of "Dallasmania" not surprised about the chaos, A very iconic character. Did see him on Shooting Stars years later, He was totally confused about what was going on around him but was a good sport

Rosencrantz

That time was the height of "Dallasmania" not surprised about the chaos, A very iconic character. Did see him on Shooting Stars years later, He was totally confused about what was going on around him but was a good sport
That was hilarious, he was completely baffled. I think he must have been told it was an normalish quiz show. I would have liked to know what he said to his agent after 😄.

Alistair20000

No she hasn't, Me thinks a bit too much Plastic Surgery
Me thinks so too.

DB9

The Great Model Railway Challenge, With Car SOS's Tim Shaw and James Richardson, Who use to front Italian Footie on C4. Teams have to build themes given to them by the judges, Sort of GBBO for railway modelers enthusiasts, Mainly Gentleman of a certain age but there are some women in it all vying for the title. It's really good if you're into this and these people are very skilled at what they do, Must admit if i had a lovely big spare room or loft/garage that is what i'd do

Grecian2K

Yep DB9. Nice, gentle evening viewing. Mind you some of the teams come across as annoyingly smug, and you can generally guess who is going to win from the very early stages)

DB9

Yep DB9. Nice, gentle evening viewing. Mind you some of the teams come across as annoyingly smug, and you can generally guess who is going to win from the very early stages)
Not sure about annoyingly smug, To me they're pretty good at what they do and obvious years of doing it, You're right though about guessing who's going to win, Listening to the judges and the scratch build results are a good indicator too

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was more of "Dynasty" man, having a slight penchant for Linda Evans at one stage. Sadly, I had stopped watching by the the time the spin-off series "The Colbys" was on, featuring the delectable Stephanie Beacham.

Last edited:

DB9

What about Flamingo Road? Another soap from the US set in the Deep South, With the rather lovely Morgan Fairchild but sadly another one who thinks aging is not for her and likes the plastic surgery which never looks good

Grecian2K

Old Grey Whistle Test on BBC 4 at 10pm tonight looking good.
Some absolutely fabulous music and performances there!!!!.....
....BUT WHERE WAS 'WHISPERING BOB'.
The OGWT is not quite the OGWT without his dulcet tones to introduce each act. :(

Reactions: DB9