• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Release 2010 Account

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
ps - i'm not suggesting Poults is deriding Nigel!

Fred
Which I am not, despite his mate Plain Crapper jumping to his defence and deriding me for having signed on for four weeks in 1973.

What I am trying to do is get these highly qualified and reputable people to communicate with the membership instead of simply telling us that they know best and that we should stump up and shut up. They may well feel that they don't do that, I think they do and I have had enough people tell me the same thing to make me think that the Trust could be doing a fair bit better than it is now.

For the record, I would personally have the babies of the likes of Dr. Dave, Neil LM, Egg, Nigel Banks, Right Wing and yes, even Tony 'St Jimmy' Badcock, I just want them to facking talk to me.

jokerman

As someone who produces accounts for a living and tries to explain what they mean I have a vested interest in making them as understandable as possible. To me it seems obvious to combine all fund raising expenses under one heading but to split Pitch In out of Fund raising income because of it's size and because people will probably be interested in how it is doing

But you can never second guess what other people want or need so if they don't understand something they can ask (as I hope will happen tomorrow morning). I came on here to correct an assumption based on a false premise.

2009 2008

Grecian Voices shows as an income and expense at the same value so where exactly is the profit ?

Grecian Voices was funded by an HLF grant and spent out again. That's all. As part of the project a DVD was produced and the rights given to the Trust. The Trust produced a load of copies and are selling them at a profit (fund raising income £480; cost £159)

If the majority of the cost of fund raising related to 'pitch in' then the revenue account should reflect that so members were not left in doubt, plus the costs should be returned to the general fund, were they?

I thought they were but I'm not entirely sure I understand this question

Nigel Banks

Finance Officer

Grecian1966

For the record, I would personally have the babies of the likes of Dr. Dave, Neil LM, Egg, Nigel Banks, Right Wing and yes, even Tony 'St Jimmy' Badcock, I just want them to facking talk to me.
We would all appreciate our elected reps coming on here and answering questions. However, given you have single handedly driven them all off this forum with your 'style' of 'questioning' I think you, me and the rest of Exeweb are due for a long wait before any of them much cares to respond to the vitriol dressed up as questioning that they are presented with - thanks for your help on this matter.

Fred

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
As someone who produces accounts for a living and tries to explain what they mean I have a vested interest in making them as understandable as possible. To me it seems obvious to combine all fund raising expenses under one heading but to split Pitch In out of Fund raising income because of it's size and because people will probably be interested in how it is doing

But you can never second guess what other people want or need so if they don't understand something they can ask (as I hope will happen tomorrow morning). I came on here to correct an assumption based on a false premise.

2009 2008

Grecian Voices shows as an income and expense at the same value so where exactly is the profit ?

Grecian Voices was funded by an HLF grant and spent out again. That's all. As part of the project a DVD was produced and the rights given to the Trust. The Trust produced a load of copies and are selling them at a profit (fund raising income £480; cost £159)

If the majority of the cost of fund raising related to 'pitch in' then the revenue account should reflect that so members were not left in doubt, plus the costs should be returned to the general fund, were they?

I thought they were but I'm not entirely sure I understand this question

Nigel Banks

Finance Officer
I would have no issue with splitting out pitch in, I would just have like to have seen its costs split out as well, I doubt any relevant questions will be asked tomorrow as reports would suggest they never have been previously.

So the Grecian Voices profits are stated under what in the revenue accounts ?

As I recall I offered to supply the magnetic media for that little effort FOC. Never got taken up on it.

I'll make it simple, £2300 spent on 'pitch in', 30k comes in and is then paid to the club, was that £2300 deducted from the income ?

If it wasn't then Shirley there should be a minute to show that the BoS agreed to this extra payment.

Also, as this income was specific to 'pitch in' does it show as a donation or a loan ? Or as neither, the Trust merely acting as a conduit ?

No false premises, merely unclear figures.

In any respect the major beef is how the BoS managed to preside over a decline in membership without ever appearing to address the issue in any worthwhile manner, or is that another case of me 'misreading' the figures ?

jokerman

Sorry ********, you've lost me.

I do not know what point you are trying to make or score but i do know that I have neither the time or energy to prolong this correspondence. I came on to try to correct a misapprehension and clarify some perceived area of uncertainty in the layout of the detailed revenue account (which IMO was already plenty detailed enough) and now i find myself entangled in a mystifying web of semantics

I think you are saying I have not presented the accounts in the way you would have liked me to but I am afraid as Abe Lincoln said .... etc,etc

I don't have to do this job you know.I am a qualified brain surgeon. I just do it because I like being my own boss.

Nigel Banks

Finance Officer