• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Release 2010 Account

Grecian1966

No, because you need to pay to be able to see them, but i have access and under the section titled 'Registered accounts type', it says 'Full accounts'.
Log are you referring to access off the AFC site or from Companies House?

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Log are you referring to access off the AFC site or from Companies House?
It's a database called FAME.

Whether AFC Wimbledon make them available free of charge through their own website, i don't know, but they're in the public domain if you want to see them.

Grecian1966

It's a database called FAME.

Whether AFC Wimbledon make them available free of charge through their own website, i don't know, but they're in the public domain if you want to see them.
I don't work in the accounting world therefore have no idea what fame is apart from the obvious US 1980's.... . However, i'm equally aware that just because something states Full it doesn't actually mean full in the fullest sense! What I mean is does full mean something in accounting terms or does it mean every line is there for all to see - e.g. salaries of players, manager etc. as well as contracts with external companies etc. - I somehow can't believe that full is what's referred to in this case?

Fred

StroudGrecian

I don't work in the accounting world therefore have no idea what fame is apart from the obvious US 1980's.... . However, i'm equally aware that just because something states Full it doesn't actually mean full in the fullest sense! What I mean is does full mean something in accounting terms or does it mean every line is there for all to see - e.g. salaries of players, manager etc. as well as contracts with external companies etc. - I somehow can't believe that full is what's referred to in this case?

Fred
No-one in their right mind would ever publish that detail of information, it would be corporate suicide.

LOG

Fred
I don't work in accounting either, and would be useless if i did. However, how many sets of accounts say we pay the people who make the widgets this much, we pay the people in the office this much, etc? If that's what Poults wants, then he'll have a very long wait and i personally wouldn't expect this level of detail from the club.

What i can tell you from the published accounts, for example, is that total salaries are 45.05% of turnover at AFC Wimbledon.

If i knew how to do attachments, i'd let you see the AFC accounts. It would probably break some sort of copyright mind, seeing as you have to pay for a FAME licence.

Grecian1966

I don't work in accounting either, and would be useless if i did. However, how many sets of accounts say we pay the people who make the widgets this much, we pay the people in the office this much, etc? If that's what Poults wants, then he'll have a very long wait and i personally wouldn't expect this level of detail from the club.

What i can tell you from the published accounts, for example, is that total salaries are 45.05% of turnover at AFC Wimbledon.

If i knew how to do attachments, i'd let you see the AFC accounts. It would probably break some sort of copyright mind, seeing as you have to pay for a FAME licence.
Thanks Log as that pretty much answers my point in that you can extrapolate from our published accounts the salaries against turnover. No company (football or otherwise) publishes the type of information ******** is referring to and i'm pretty sure he knows that. It is therefore a complete red herring to keep asking for full details so he "can make his own mind up" that the club is being run how he wants it to. If anyone wishes to get involved in the detailed management of Exeter City they can do so - otherwise we have an elected body to do so on our behalf.

Fred

Juan Kerr

At 31/05/08 the filed accounts showed wages at 62% of turnover.

At 31/05/09 the filed accounts showed wages at 66% of turnover.

Poultice

No-one in their right mind would ever publish that detail of information, it would be corporate suicide.
What utter tosh.

I know how much the Prime Minister gets paid, I know that the CEO of Essex CC gets nearly sixty grand more, the bonuses paid to bankers in the US are the matter of public record, FFS, we are assured by the BoS that Norrie is on 50k pa. Yes I want to know what we pay all our employees so we can all see if they are good VFM

Secrecy is for people who have got things to hide and has no place at ECFC if we truly want to be different.

Of course if we all want to be ass kissing corporate apologists then let's just carry on.

I see some boys have put together a little deal to sell some shirts to raise money for pitch in, they wont go through the BoS because they want it to happen, that tells me more about the Trust than anything else, my money says that this particular venture will be open to full scrutiny because the boys involved will know that openess about what they are doing is the route to the hearts, minds and pockets of the membership.

LOG

Thanks Log as that pretty much answers my point in that you can extrapolate from our published accounts the salaries against turnover. No company (football or otherwise) publishes the type of information ******** is referring to and i'm pretty sure he knows that. It is therefore a complete red herring to keep asking for full details so he "can make his own mind up" that the club is being run how he wants it to. If anyone wishes to get involved in the detailed management of Exeter City they can do so - otherwise we have an elected body to do so on our behalf.

Fred
The salary/turnover figure was only an example of what's on there.

The full accounts run to almost 400 lines on a spreadsheet. Admittedly, this includes titles and not all fields are complete, presumably because they weren't applicable, but there is a heck of a lot more information than currently released.

Perhaps it wouldn't be healthy to release full accounts because, rightly or wrongly, the next 12 months would be taken up with people asking what this and that was for and why such and such figure changed so drastically from last year. Perhaps, though, that's exactly how it should be.

Phil Sayers

What utter tosh.

I know how much the Prime Minister gets paid, I know that the CEO of Essex CC gets nearly sixty grand more,
You know these things because they get paid from the public purse and can be subject to the Freedom of Information Act:

http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/library/freedom_of_information/practical_application/salaries_v1.pdf

ECFC on the other hand are a private company and publication of employee salaries would contravene the Data Protection Act. Of course that doesn't prevent e.g Rob Edwards from disclosing it if he wants to but I don't imagine he does. Whether e.g Norrie should feel they have a 'duty' to do so is a different argument but the club simply cannot publish what you are demanding they should without the consent of those involved. You knew this anyway of course.