• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Board Minutes

AndrewP

I apologise if this is covered elsewhere on here, however I am perplexed with the publication of the latest trust board minutes. Specifically, the aob section. It seems then, we paid £7k in severence for our ill fated CEO?. I understood he had resigned?, if so and were he to be released from his notice period, surely that is a payroll cost and why then has the trust agreed to pay half?. This suggests a "compromise agreement" surely ?, or a disconnect between expectation and actual performance...in which case why an additional cost and why a cost to the meagre funds of the trust ?.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ao3 and ao5 point v are very interesting.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Neil Le Milliere informed the meeting that he had been the subject of a complaint by Roger Conway to Supporters Direct alleging he had breached the SD Elect Member Code of Conduct.
The SD Governance Committee considered the complaint and concluded that “There was no evidence that you had breached the SD Elected Member Code of Code. Further that no evidence has been supplied to suggest that you in anyway acted in an unfair or prejudicial way. Based on the evidence provided the Committee now consider the match closed”.

There is the response of SD after RC complained to them about Neil Le Milliere

Roger trying to give a Low blow to a proper chap!!

So, more lies then. If I resign from my job, I do not receive a penny. The fact that the Trust were happy to give the club £3.5K to cover this astounds me. This is clearly a severance package.

ChrisWickens

So, more lies then. If I resign from my job, I do not receive a penny. The fact that the Trust were happy to give the club £3.5K to cover this astounds me. This is clearly a severance package.
Mystifies me as well; whatever the deal it should have stayed as a Club responsibility, surely? Would suggest to me that HR within the Club is as poorly managed as the Finance Dept.

the dog2

What on earth was this man getting paid?
Was he on 7k per month ? , and we paid him a months salary in lieu of the notice he gave , that's why he was told to clear his desk and leave immediately.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Over 1100 posts on the other thread, and the Trust had already offered RC an appeal

LO explained that the situation with regard to Roger Conway’s dismissal was that letters had been exchanged between Roger’s solicitor and the Trust and that we were waiting to hear back. He noted that Roger had been offered the opportunity for an appeal but his solicitor’s letter had arrived before any agreement was made.

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
3.5k could easily be a months salary.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Even £7K is £84K per year which, with on costs (employers' NI, pension contributions etc.) could easily = 1 CEO.