• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumour - Luke Southwood

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Happy for Hamon to be number 1.
You sure?.....

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’m hoping we bring back Pidgeley if Pym goes.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not so confident in Hamon. In fact I thought he might have been one to leave this summer.

I'd want 1m for Pym. Good, young, keepers don't go for cheap.

jimbo-gould

Me too, but not for Exeter.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Pym is still young for a keeper. I wouldn't think he needs to move right now to further his career. Another season like last season with us will still enhance his reputation and add value. I think he'll stay.

Last edited:

jimbo-gould

The question should be will he stay and sign a new contract, or will I want to move on and leave for free at the end of the season? I would cash if the fee is right.

Edit: Assuming his contract doesn't run any further than the end of next season.

Last edited:

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pym is still young for a keeper. I wouldn't think he needs to move right now to further his career. Another season like last season with us will still enhance his reputation and add value. I think he'll stay.
Let's be honest... In reality, there's only one factor determining whether Pym will be playing for us next season: whether a bigger club stumps up enough cash.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Suspect you may be fishing, but I like Hamon.

For what it's worth, I think he's been unfairly maligned on here and people are overlooking the fact that prior to Olejnik's signing he had the No. 1 shirt and was ahead of Pym in the pecking order. Admittedly, he hasn't had much of a look-in since then but, equally, not sure on what basis he's become the liability some people would have you believe.

As an aside, a reliable source told me that Jonah didn't come in on loan, as I and many others suspected, with a view to replacing Pym but because Tis really rated Hamon and was desperate for him to get some game time. Of course, Matty T may have a different view, but could it be that, should Pym depart, Hamon might start the season between the posts and that it's the Reading lad who's being lined up as a potential No. 2?!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Let's be honest... In reality, there's only one factor determining whether Pym will be playing for us next season: whether a bigger club stumps up enough cash.
Man Utd could be looking for a new keeper if the De Gea rumours are true. Pym could make a good understudy to Sergio Romero!

Dubai Grecian

We should cash in on Pym if the money is right. A great shop stopper but distribution and kicking was always a concern, and no PeteUSA hasn't told me to say this.