• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tottenham riots

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Breaking News:-

F*ck wit kids, Crims and general Scum Bags have prepared excuse that fools Exeweb div into believing they are nice people.

Next Week.

Savage, child murdering serial killer says it was society's fault, so that's alright then.
"There's another dead Bishop on the landing!"

As usual, everyone was sitting around drinking tea while the police were going round beating everyone up.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
I'm not saying anything about the actual events culminating in his death. What I am saying is that had he been aware of what was going on around him he would have steered clear. I know even in my most pi55ed up state I'd have noticed if there were hundreds of police and thousands of baying protestors running around.

So, anyone got an answer for why people would turn up to demonstrate peacefully armed with petrol bombs?
Actually you seem to be trying to diminish the responsibility of the police by placing blame on the victim. Stop doing that, the coppers were way, way out of line.

No-one turns up to peacefully protest with petrol bombs, not all violent protest is bad.

******** said:
Breaking News:-

F*ck wit kids, Crims and general Scum Bags have prepared excuse that fools Exeweb div into believing they are nice people.
Breaking news: Poults instantly assumes people are criminals, fails to realise that the people in the community know the benefit in having yoof centres to take "yobs" off the street and know the consequences of shutting them down.

mfcrocker

Anyone answered yet why the person who was shot was armed in the first place?
Probably because of non-police threats to his life. You'd have to be a complete f*cking plank to arm yourself vs. the police.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't need to attend youth centres to keep me on the straight and narrow. If people took responsibility for their own actions the "community" would be just fine.

mfcrocker

I didn't need to attend youth centres to keep me on the straight and narrow. If people took responsibility for their own actions the "community" would be just fine.
You probably didn't grow up in an area with gang culture and massive poverty either.

Ah Exeweb, never change.

Two points to make - first off, there's absolutely no evidence that the police were shot at by the criminal in the cab. The policeman who was shot at was shot at with a police-issue round. There's absolutely no way this guy should've been killed.

Second off a couple of questions:

1) Do you guys believe that every single person looting was a yob/anarchist/enter trouble-making group here? (Hint: this is rhetorical, the answer is no)
2) Why do you think "ordinary" people went as far as rioting and looting?

People are feeling enormous pressure from the government's austerity measures and are getting increasingly desperate, leading to scenes like this. Hell, the Enfield riots were largely down to the recent closure of 2/3rds of the youth centres there, and there's video interviews confirming as such. Sure, there were a number of criminal types and opportunists in the crowd and there always will be, but I think you'll find that not everybody can be tarred with that brush.

Firstly a police officer cannot only justify shooting someone if he gets shot first...if this boy who is known to carrry a gun and then goes to get it that is enough.

Secondly those yobs weren't from enfield so therefore its got nothing to do with a youth centre closing down ....as an enfield resident we have a very nice park,a good /cheap sports centre with pool, plenty of footie pitches ,cinema etc...the reason they came to enfield is because it has the best shopping in the tottenham/north london area and they could get there for free as they still have yet to turn on the barriers at the train station despite being there for 6 months...they knew they could do some good smash and grab and get decent stuff. They were simply criminals taking advantage of the situation

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Breaking news: Poults instantly assumes people are criminals, fails to realise that the people in the community know the benefit in having yoof centres to take "yobs" off the street and know the consequences of shutting them down.
Breaking News.

Exeweb div thinks Landin youffs go to prescribed Youth Centres.

Next Week.

Tony Blair insists we will find WMD in Iraq.

Gordon Brown to receive Nobel Prize for Economics.

Lindbergh Baby found alive and well living on Tottenham High Road.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Indeed, hasn't stopped it all being the police's fault, apparently.

Anyone answered yet why the person who was shot was armed in the first place?
I'm with you on this one. As it stands I can't justify blaming this on the met. We haven't got the full details about the shooting of this chap on Thursday, so can't formulate a reasonable judgement on whether that was right or wrong.

I can form a judgement on the fact that going on the rampage in your own community, wrecking people's property and ruining their livelihoods (let alone putting them in physical danger) is not an acceptable response to the above, ESPECIALLY as the full picture of the events of Thursday night are not yet clear.

Of course we should look at the reason that the people who have carried out the riot are compelled to do so (people are a product of society, and if there are ways this sort of idiocy can be prevented than they should be) but that cannot excuse the personal decisions that the rioters have made to cause such havoc.

The argument that peaceful protest gets nothing done is not valid in my eyes, because it justifies having a tantrum to get you're own way. If that's OK, we're f*cked as a country.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Firstly a police officer cannot only justify shooting someone if he gets shot first...if this boy who is known to carrry a gun and then goes to get it that is enough.

Secondly those yobs weren't from enfield so therefore its got nothing to do with a youth centre closing down ....as an enfield resident we have a very nice park,a good /cheap sports centre with pool, plenty of footie pitches ,cinema etc...the reason they came to enfield is because it has the best shopping in the tottenham/north london area and they could get there for free as they still have yet to turn on the barriers at the train station despite being there for 6 months...they knew they could do some good smash and grab and get decent stuff. They were simply criminals taking advantage of the situation
This commonsense analysis won't suit BFS's agenda though.

mfcrocker

Breaking News.

Exeweb div thinks Landin youffs go to prescribed Youth Centres.
They do? Sorry to burst your bubble on that one.

BigBanker said:
The argument that peaceful protest gets nothing done is not valid in my eyes, because it justifies having a tantrum to get you're own way.
You may not like it but the argument isn't invalid; historically all major change has been ushered in through violent protest.