• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale's Contract

Dubai Grecian

Little off topic after a derby defeat, and not posting as because of today's result, but I suspect will be relevant if we find ourselves bottom six come the end of the first 15 games.

With all the talk of club costs more importantly the direction of the club on the field what would our options be should we reach a critical point in the season as I believe Tisdale is on a rolling twelve month contract therefore terminating his employment is almost a non starter given the cost involved?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Little off topic after a derby defeat, and not posting as because of today's result, but I suspect will be relevant if we find ourselves bottom six come the end of the first 15 games.

With all the talk of club costs more importantly the direction of the club on the field what would our options be should we reach a critical point in the season as I believe Tisdale is on a rolling twelve month contract therefore terminating his employment is almost a non starter given the cost involved?
Unless it's been changed without being announced, it's a two year rolling contract, as has been discussed on Exeweb many times.

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/news/news-6203.html

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Unless it's been changed without being announced, it's a two year rolling contract, as has been discussed on Exeweb many times.

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/news/news-6203.html
Cheshire Grecian departs in the direction of Dubai Creek ****ting himself.... :)

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Our options are that

A) We can't afford to sack him
B) He walks away
C) Someone else wants him and we agree to waive/less compensation.

A is self explanatory. B would need him to realise that he might be somewhat responsible. C is looking less and less likely.

To sum up we are in the ****.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
The only option is would be to serve 2 years notice to reduce the contract to 6 month. It might give him a boot up the backside.

vinniehub

Actually Cheshire, I think this insane contract is the real problem. It's heartbreaking to see our club in the state it's in on and off the pitch.

Finances are dwindling, because home crowds are dwindling. And this is largely due to the dross served up at SJP for the last 3 years. The responsibility for which lies with the manager.

The facts are that he has presided over three consecutive lower-than-last-season finishes. It must be unique for any manager to survive that. I think we can guess what a fourth consecutive failure will bring, and we may never recover from it.

The facts are that he has a terrible record in cup competitions - about our only other source of revenue. For the most part he doesn't "do" derbies - I read all his fighting talk this morning but we could all see what was coming, as it has many times before.

He continues to make baffling team sections - clearly today he got the starting line-up wrong yet again so two subs were wasted trying to fix it at half time.

He continues to play square pegs in round holes - Keohane is never a forward, Nicholls could be a good one if he didn't have to watch the ball flying over his head half the time - and Wheeler continues to be omitted for no apparent reason. Sercombe has never become the player he should have. And when did we last produce a player we could sell on for decent money.

We seem to have no contacts with "bigger" clubs while others at our level borrow players from Premiership and Championship sides. I can't remember the last time I saw or heard us score from a well-rehearsed set-piece.

Given the dire financial position of the club, which he mentions often enough, shouldn't he be going to the club, and offering, publicly, to renegotiate his contract? It's ridiculous that we're stuck with an unsackable manager whose contract provides no incentive to improve, based on results and performances over the last three years. Failing that, shouldn't whoever's in charge (I've lost track) sit him down and have that same conversation. And at the very, very, very least, give him 2 years' notice, to see if he can bring about some improvement?

We're in a deep, dark place at the moment.

loyalgrecian

The only option is would be to serve 2 years notice to reduce the contract to 6 month. It might give him a boot up the backside.
Good to see someone sharing my views. This will not happen now however as the Club has no leadership.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good to see someone sharing my views. This will not happen now however as the Club has no leadership.
It hasn't had any for a few years. Arsey's mates ensured that.

loyalgrecian

Actually Cheshire, I think this insane contract is the real problem. It's heartbreaking to see our club in the state it's in on and off the pitch.

Finances are dwindling, because home crowds are dwindling. And this is largely due to the dross served up at SJP for the last 3 years. The responsibility for which lies with the manager.

The facts are that he has presided over three consecutive lower-than-last-season finishes. It must be unique for any manager to survive that. I think we can guess what a fourth consecutive failure will bring, and we may never recover from it.

The facts are that he has a terrible record in cup competitions - about our only other source of revenue. For the most part he doesn't "do" derbies - I read all his fighting talk this morning but we could all see what was coming, as it has many times before.

He continues to make baffling team sections - clearly today he got the starting line-up wrong yet again so two subs were wasted trying to fix it at half time.

He continues to play square pegs in round holes - Keohane is never a forward, Nicholls could be a good one if he didn't have to watch the ball flying over his head half the time - and Wheeler continues to be omitted for no apparent reason. Sercombe has never become the player he should have. And when did we last produce a player we could sell on for decent money.

We seem to have no contacts with "bigger" clubs while others at our level borrow players from Premiership and Championship sides. I can't remember the last time I saw or heard us score from a well-rehearsed set-piece.

Given the dire financial position of the club, which he mentions often enough, shouldn't he be going to the club, and offering, publicly, to renegotiate his contract? It's ridiculous that we're stuck with an unsackable manager whose contract provides no incentive to improve, based on results and performances over the last three years. Failing that, shouldn't whoever's in charge (I've lost track) sit him down and have that same conversation. And at the very, very, very least, give him 2 years' notice, to see if he can bring about some improvement?

Agreed 100%.

paperclip

Excellent post. It always mystifies me that so many fans can see the problems, and yet the manager either cannot, or chooses not to see them for himself.