• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale's Contract

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Re: Should Roger Conway have got a Yellow Card and finished his tenure in October?

This is not a record breaking thread, it is still behind "what was for lunch" and "the cheese thread", both of which are far more interesting.
Quite so Mackster. Even ignoring the social threads it is still well over 12,000 viewings short of "This Club needs a Bl**dy Good Shakeup" which I started 16 months ago. That thread had over 47,000 viewings.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Re: Should Roger Conway have got a Yellow Card and finished his tenure in October?

Incidentally Norrie Stewart was to do with Tisdale's contract.
Shabba, it certainly wasn't Norrie!!

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
It might be the record for the thread with the highest number of inane comments....from the Arsey camp, of course

PeteUSA

Paul Tisdale's Contract - Who's responsible?

Following on from Spanky's suggestion on the Conway thread, I take great pleasure in starting the thread about who the hell was responsible for awarding Tisdale a 2 year rolling contract, and when was it was awarded? The reason I say 'when was it awarded' is because some are saying that Norrie Stewart did the deed, which I dont understand for the life of me, because Tisdale was in place long before Norrie's arrival!

Sorry to all the Tisdale ***lickers, but his time is up! He's got to go, and we have to try and find a loophole in his contractual agreement in order to offload him. His teams and his tactics have served up three consecutive seasons of s**t, which far outweigh all the good things he ever did, when the likes of Perryman would be on his cell-phone telling Tisdale what to do! Left to his own devices, Tisdale is IMHO nothing more than a PE/Fitness trainer.

I'm not at all sure that Tisdale has our club at heart when he continues to (allegedly) take a large salary, and yet field a team like the one against Plymouth, and hope to get something out of the game. As I see it, the biggest problem by far is to continue to play Christy Pym in goal. I've said repeatedly that at age 19 the boy shouldnt be thrown in at the deep end, particularly with over 11,000 people looking on at Home Park! He's under developed and at least a season away from first team consideration; and yet Tisdale puts him between the sticks and the upshot was what happened today - He was at fault with two goals!

We need a veteran keeper badly; Is John Burridge or Paul Jones (the welsh one) finally finished? We are in the deepest s**t we've ever been in since we last got relegated, and I dont want Pym getting hurt or blamed when he really shouldnt be first choice at this time!

Anyway, anybody got any idea's about off-loading Tisdale? If he stays (on the wage and contract he's tied in with) look forward to inevitable Conference football next season. The only upside to that would be that three quarters or more of the teams there are ex league teams! Hopefully when we wind up there, the FA will decide to rename the league the 3rd Division! It'll be just like old times.

Last edited:

AlanDevlin

Re: Paul Tisdale's Contract - Who's responsible?

Ahhhhh... the usual Pate second game of the season drivel we have come to expect..... and totally ignoring the other thread on Tisdale's contract....

IIRC this usually spurs a run of positive results.... so carry on, my son! :D

(Prob is I think this time you might be right.....)

Last edited:

motorservices

Have to say I'm very worried about this season I think we could go down, the up shot of that is we would lose all the hangers on as we will be totally skint and prob struggle in non league now as it's so much harder than it was

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster

Was the 2 year deal given when there was lots of interest in Tisdale and we had bids in for him. The idea was to give the club maximum compensation in the event of him leaving the club. At the time the deal in theory made a lot of sense but without knowing all the ins and outs of what the contract stipulates then its hard for us all to judge. Also you and i along with many others do not know how much the deal is worth to him. Then again lets pluck some numbers out of fine air and then person about them.

I would argue back to back promotions and 8th in league one in 4 seasons is a damn fine achievement on the back of reaching the playoff final and losing that game.

Also 10th in lge 2 was our 2nd highest finish in that division since we won it. Yes the home form has been poor in the last 2 seasons and this season with the embargo and us having no money n what not has tied his hand behind his back so therefore this season is gonna be a struggle.

If ever there was a time to get behind the lads and support them this season is it. We have so many young players entering the first team fray whether they all make it or not is a different story but we are where we are. The Trust and club appear to be making changes within the club which is what people wanted so lets see where that goes. Also with the trust elections coming up lets hope a good amount of people stand and the membership actually realise the importance of using their votes.

This is not a complete defence of him. HE has along with others made mistakes which has contributed to our position but ultimately elements of it happens to clubs of our size. Like after being succesful for a period of time and then struggling to replace the players that lead to that success when they move on to pastures new. Look at almost every club in the English leagues apart from a very select few down and you will see trends of ups and downs.

Last edited:

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
That suggestion needs to be added to Edward's Master Plan B for getting ECFC out of the mire:

EDWARD: If a football club is running out of cash, it can do several things.

It eliminates any and every item of unnecessary expenditure.
It places staff ‘at risk’ of redundancy.
It sells any and every asset that is not essential to the business. That can include players.
It seeks to re-negotiate contracts which have become unaffordable.
It does what it can to create new revenue, perhaps by offering an ‘impossible-to-ignore’ ticket offer or arranging an additional home game.
It looks to bring forward all scheduled income.
It very carefully oversees an inexperienced CEO to ensure he doesn’t introduce senseless policies which worsen the future cash position.
It appeals to the fans in the hope that they will respond positively in many ways (note: not telling the fans is probably not ‘best practice’; lying to the fans is worse).
It seeks swifter payment from its debtors, perhaps offering early settlement discounts.
It seeks to negotiate delayed payment to its creditors.
If it is feeling brave, it delays making its Crown payments (NI, VAT).
It goes to the bank, recognising that any temporary overdraft will have to be supported by personal guarantees, admittedly tricky given none of the executives are shareholders and it has no assets to pledge.
It quits organising ridiculous trips to Brazil and sacks anybody and everybody who thinks such a gormless venture is a good idea.
It tells the manager, a mere employee, to play attract football to bolster crowds.
FoRC, why are you repeating this, in it's entirety, ad infinitum on any thread you see? Instead of posting it on every thread you take part in, why not start a new thread on the subject and add to it whenever something new peaks you interest? Others can then either a) take part in the discussion you have started, or b) ignore the discussion if they so wish.

You're railroading every thread with it, and I'll delete it every time unless it's relevant to the conversation, which I do not believe it is in this case.

PeteUSA

Ahhhhh... the usual Pate second game of the season drivel we have come to expect..... and totally ignoring the other thread on Tisdale's contract....

IIRC this usually spurs a run of positive results.... so carry on, my son! :D

(Prob is I think this time you might be right.....)
I wasnt aware of the other 'Tisdale thread' when I knocked this up. And as for your suggestion about the fact that I "might be right" you are correct! There is no run of "positive results" on the horizen this time. I predict that we'll finish bottom of the league, as opposed to 22nd which the bookies seem to be running with!

This thread is record breaking and has led to the revelation that PT's contract was signed by Mrs Farley. There are none so blind as those that will not see.
So, if above is correct, the original sin is Mrs Farley's then?

With a 2 year rolling contract ECFC would need to pay PT 2x annual wage to get out of contract. PT expensive to keep and even more expensive to change/terminate contract - a classic Catch 22.

So, Roger Conway could never and was not ever "solely responsible" for the cash flow problems and PFA loan take-up then! Isn't it convenient for "some" that RC can be used as a scapegoat for "everything".

I think this and many other relevant facts will come out during Arbitration....and the roles of some on the Trust Board will come under proper scrutiny as well.