• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale's 5-year plan

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Historically we are lower league 2(Div 3 or 4 dependent on your age).

I do wonder what our avg league position is over the last 40 or so years. One day i might bother to work it out.

Not to say we shouldn't aspire to be better or to progress to a decent league one side in the future but without significant input of cash and resources its unlikely to happy on a consistent basis.
Your question interested me as well so I had a look and the results are quite positive. I actually went back 57 seasons to when the football league became a four division system without a North South split and our average placing is 77.35. The equivalent of ninth in league two.

I take from that, that while it isn't impossible for us to drop into the conference again I feel there is a better chance historically of us getting back into league one. Obviously doesn't mean it's a failure if we stay in league two, but no reason we can't give it a good go.

Silver fox

Ten years of Tis in June 2016 should we start a whip around? Maybe a plaque or statue for our great leader.

iscalad

Ten years of Tis in June 2016 should we start a whip around? Maybe a plaque or statue for our great leader.
Do you thing he will buy us all doughnuts?

Silver fox

Ring but not jam.

richard_portland

Good idea, who should the statue be of? :)

Silver fox

No I think that's think.. ****

elginCity

Good idea, who should the statue be of? :)
It is a good idea. Something to remind us all how far we've come during his tenure. (see what I did there ?)

I suggest Al Fayed's 'lucky' statue of Michael Jackson, the one unceremoniously binned by Fulham a couple of years ago.

Spoonz Red E

Us: "Tis. Statue?"
Tis: "No. It's Michael Jackson"

I'll get me coat.

Last edited:

richard_portland

It is a good idea. Something to remind us all how far we've come during his tenure. (see what I did there ?)

I suggest Al Fayed's 'lucky' statue of Michael Jackson, the one unceremoniously binned by Fulham a couple of years ago.
We have come some way, 7th in the conference to 13th in league two. If that deserves a statue to manage that in ten years then so be it ;)

We could place it in the home technical area with arms folded, which would save Paul the trouble.

grecian55

There was me thinking his 5 year plan hasn't changed over 5 years ? 0-0 at 60 minutes ,bring on a couple of subs and expect miracles ? ;(