• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale V Taylor

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stuffers. Posters sometimes say things like "Thread closed! ". but the Mods never pay attention - quite rightly. I'm sure Sexton just meant that no need to compare Tiz v Matty cos Matty is the winner. I reckon he'd agree with most of us that Tizzy in the end was a total pr@.
You could be right Mike. I think perhaps it was Tiz's post match waffle which rightly or wrongly I thought pretty mean after his years of lucrative employment.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Dan Green the obvious candidate.
Why? Because Taylor was promoted from a youth team coach? If so he’d be (I think) the first one since the Trust took over appointed that way. The rest have come from outside the club.

IndoMike

You could be right Mike. I think perhaps it was Tiz's post match waffle which rightly or wrongly I thought pretty mean after his years of lucrative employment.
I couldn't agree more. His implication that our pitch and/or facilities were below MK Dons' standards was pretty and bitter . Perhaps he is happier playing at his white elephant in front of empty spaces.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stuffers. Posters sometimes say things like "Thread closed! ". but the Mods never pay attention - quite rightly. I'm sure Sexton just meant that no need to compare Tiz v Matty cos Matty is the winner. I reckon he'd agree with most of us that Tizzy in the end was a total pr@.
Indo that is exactly what I meant for me everything about and Tisdale creates negative vibes and the day cannot come soon enough for when as I said before he is treated as just a manager of another football club regardless of how successful or otherwise he ends up being.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I couldn't agree more. His implication that our pitch and/or facilities were below MK Dons' standards was pretty and bitter . Perhaps he is happier playing at his white elephant in front of empty spaces.
Empty seats don't complain when they see baffling tactics and substitutions. Tisdale loves empty seats!

PeteUSA

Stuffers. Posters sometimes say things like "Thread closed! ". but the Mods never pay attention - quite rightly.
I agree, although "end of" really gets my goat!

STURTZ

Hoping that Matt Taylor is now becoming his own man. he inherited the large part of his squad and inevitably his tactics as well. Tisdale's tactics seemed to revolve around getting a lead and then trying to that lead. Team would often play sitting deep, letting the oppos play the ball around, we seldom won by more than one goal and the football was a bit dire. More latterly we repeated resorted to booting the ball to a big bloke up front and hoping he could hold the ball long enough for a plodding midfield to catch up, With Stockley being so successful this tactic carried over into Matt Taylors time and with similar success.

I'm hoping the farming out of Tillson indicates a return to the running football that we were promised from Matt. The squad's good, I think we need someone to take on the role of chief goalscorer but Matts top dog at the moment. Tisdale and his consortium look a bit sad!

Grecian Max

Why? Because Taylor was promoted from a youth team coach? If so he’d be (I think) the first one since the Trust took over appointed that way. The rest have come from outside the club.
I think it's a fairly logical assumption. I'm pretty sure when Green was promoted Taylor spoke in an interview on appointments that we're not just developing players at the academy but coaches too, with the potential to become managers in the future. 2/3 years down the line it might well make sense tbh.

DB9

Not sure why this thread has seem to gone off in this tangent, MT has only been a manager for a few months, He is learning his trade with us and is probably on no one's radar as a replacement for anyone. He is doing far better than i ever thought this season and being in with a shout of the top seven shows me he's doing well but let's not get ahead of ourselves, Get us promoted, stable in L1 with one of the smallest budget and able to compete as a team then people might start to look, Look at Tisdale, After 12 years with us and not getting us promoted for nearly a decade and after all the "Tisdale to" threads he only went to another L2 club, Ok it's has a big stadium (Which they never fill and is as quiet as a graveyard) a bigger budget but in the end of things its still only a L2 club, Nothing special, Nothing unique and to the rest of football world is just like us, Not even on their radar.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Eamo was also promoted from youth team coach to manager.