• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale to Southampton

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think its worth a thread, given Tisdales previous Southampton connection.
Oh pi55 off....More chance of me shagging Cheryl Cole this Friday night than Tisdale being in the frame for that job.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Oh pi55 off....More chance of me shagging Cheryl Cole this Friday night than Tisdale being in the frame for that job.
When you see her mate can you ask her for the change from the taxi I sent her home in after the match Saturday ?

Oldsmobile-88

when you see her mate can you ask her for the change from the taxi i sent her home in after the match saturday ?
Ha....:D :D

Last edited:

Angus

Why would Tisdale be linked with any job other then a league two job. He's shown commitment to a club and the fact he can get a team passing. No experience with budget, buying or selling. Tisdale needs us as much as we need him at the moment. There's no proven manager to replace him and until a team like Bristol Rovers come calling there's no real need for him to leave.

Antony Moxey

Nothing supposed about Sir Tiz of the Dales connection with Southampton 91-97 , 18 first team appearances.
A handful of appearances 20-odd years ago is no more a connection than I have with Plymouth having visited both the town and football club for both professional and personal reasons over the last 50-odd years.

IndoMike

A handful of appearances 20-odd years ago is no more a connection than I have with Plymouth having visited both the town and football club for both professional and personal reasons over the last 50-odd years.
Tisdale is most suited to a Conference team not too far from his home, in my opinion. He wouldn't take just any old job : he'd want a lot of guarantees. He's been spoilt at City, and he wouldn't get that at most clubs. I would imagine he would be desperate to stay at City, but he's not endearing himself very much with the fans due to the boring football. Last season although more or less in the same position there was a lot more excitement and buzz amongst the fans. Of course results are important, but that winning streak at the beginning of the season with Mac and Reid doing so well seems a long time ago.

citizen

Well someone had to start it...
Well he could definitely get there squad to League One .

DB9

Even though this thread was started tongue in cheek i'd say the days when a club in the top flight would look so far down the leagues for a replacement are long gone, With a £160m+ resting on staying up they need a possible quick fix, They won't be thinking beyond May while they have a chance to stay up. But for my worth Tisdale's "Stock" is not that good beyond L1 at best

Legohead

Banned
Even though this thread was started tongue in cheek i'd say the days when a club in the top flight would look so far down the leagues for a replacement are long gone, With a £160m+ resting on staying up they need a possible quick fix, They won't be thinking beyond May while they have a chance to stay up. But for my worth Tisdale's "Stock" is not that good beyond L1 at best
This

Top flight clubs nowadays are more likely to hire managers from the German third tier than managers from leagues 1 or 2.

Tisdale has no hope whatsoever of getting the Saints job.

Perhaps if he was managing a league 1 Exeter who were consistently pushing for promotion to the Championship year on year then there might be a small tiny glimmer of a chance but as it stands not a prayer.

IndoMike

And they've got a nice pitch at Southampton